Are you satisfied with Droid X as a device?

tomnationwide

Reaction score
Are you satisfied with your Droid X as a device. take away delivery problems and hangups that aren't related to the actual device. Are you happy with it or not and why?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't have a delivery problem and there haven't been any hangups, but yes, I am happy with it. My one criticism of the hardware is that the physical buttons on the phone are a bit stiff when new. I know that they will probably get softer with use and having come from the soft-touch "buttons" on the Droid 1, it will take some getting used to actually having to put in a bit of effort. Overall, though, I see why they went with hard buttons.

That's all I have to say about the hardware! It's great! OK, and maybe the camera could be a little better quality but it is very good and tweaking saturation/etc. after taking the pictures would probably help.

Software is a different story entirely...

cypherx82

Reaction score
The only slight complaint I have with the phone is the camera, but that is mostly negated with Vignette.

5 stars.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The only slight complaint I have with the phone is the camera, but that is mostly negated with Vignette.

5 stars.

If it feels good in your hand, its an amazing phone. I was really worried about the size before I got it, but its not actually bad at all. Its a very nice phone, not the best looking device, but its still very nice. Great hardware (it flys compared to my droid even overclocked) and the Game performance is much faster then on my Droid (huge deal for me).

Overall, Im very happy with the phone, only thing I dislike is the camera shoot delay, but thats an easy app fix.

TheCheeks

Reaction score
I'm actually much more happy with my device after doing a hard reset last night. I had it for a week and took it through it's tests with a TON of apps. Pretty sure some were making it glitch a bit, so I did a hard reset and tried to download only the essential apps. Made a few adjustments and it's FLYING now.

Plus I themed it much better :)

dragozoid

Reaction score
Definitely satisfied! Especially since I was able to get it for $218 without contract before selling my D1. :D

OP
T

tomnationwide

Reaction score
We ordered 5 Droid Incredibles from Verizon and they cut us a deal of amazing value then there's a problem with the Incredible so we got comped 5 Droid X for under $175 as a makeup offer.

chad2124

Reaction score
Had it for a week and I'm ready to go back to my Droid 1 until this thing gets FROYO. Speaker's terrible, Contacts are totally FUBAR, Battery drains very quickly (no GPS or wi fi isn't on), it's very sluggish navigating through apps, and when I am connected to my home router it sometimes just disconnects for no reason. This phone was obviously released too soon and was only put out early to compete with the iPhone4.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Had it for a week and I'm ready to go back to my Droid 1 until this thing gets FROYO. Speaker's terrible, Contacts are totally FUBAR, Battery drains very quickly (no GPS or wi fi isn't on), it's very sluggish navigating through apps, and when I am connected to my home router it sometimes just disconnects for no reason. This phone was obviously released too soon and was only put out early to compete with the iPhone4.

Actually it was put out early because the lack of stock for the Incredible... Also, the speaker is somewhat quiet, but not that bad. The contacts are fine if you have the patience to remove the bloat and setup the accounts properly, and my battery life is much better on the X then my Rooted/Rom'd droid was... Try a factory reset maybe? Or bring it back and get a Droid 2!

To each his own, but considering you have 1 post and you plugged the iphone 4... Im gonna go ahead and call this a troll post dancedroid

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

I agree the software is FUBAR. You can work around some of this stuff though. In addition to turning off GPS and wifi when done using them (not normally needed on android, but needed on X) you should also reboot after charging. That is, charge, unplug charger, shut down phone, start up phone. And use Spare Parts to see if any other apps are causing the battery drain/no sleep issue. And use *228 to upgrade PRLs

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm actually much more happy with my device after doing a hard reset last night. I had it for a week and took it through it's tests with a TON of apps. Pretty sure some were making it glitch a bit, so I did a hard reset and tried to download only the essential apps. Made a few adjustments and it's FLYING now.

Plus I themed it much better :)

Same, After putting on NexTheme/Root and LauncherPro, it flies... :icon_ banana:

Lineman

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my DX. I won't be able to go back to a smaller phone. The stock 1ghz processor on my DX seems way snappier than my 1.2 ghz overclocked D1 running BB 0.4.

chad2124

Reaction score

Actually it was put out early because the lack of stock for the Incredible... Also, the speaker is somewhat quiet, but not that bad. The contacts are fine if you have the patience to remove the bloat and setup the accounts properly, and my battery life is much better on the X then my Rooted/Rom'd droid was... Try a factory reset maybe? Or bring it back and get a Droid 2!

To each his own, but considering you have 1 post and you plugged the iphone 4... Im gonna go ahead and call this a troll post dancedroid

LOL, I understand why you may think my post was trolling. But hasn't everyone been at one post before? I should clarify, the OS is a complete POS!! I like the phone's screen size and display. But the OS, wether it's Blur or whatever, I don't care. Fact is the phone was rushed and it shows!!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

LOL, I understand why you may think my post was trolling. But hasn't everyone been at one post before? I should clarify, the OS is a complete POS!! I like the phone's screen size and display. But the OS, wether it's Blur or whatever, I don't care. Fact is the phone was rushed and it shows!!

Ughhh here we go...

Android was by no means rushed. Ive been using it since day one (pre orderd a G1) and trust me, it was nice when it launched, and its hands down the best now... I dont see how it shows that the phone was rushed, Are we using the same devices? What are you comparing it with?