Are you running the .215 Leak on your Razr or Maxx?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This is probably the easiest way to go back to stock ICS to get the JB OTA...

Going back to stock .211:
*On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com
*Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.
*After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
*make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
*Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
*Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable.
*On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.
*When completed your phone should reboot to stock .211.
*After running option 1, restart phone to make sure all is fine.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I jumped off that cliff ... I gots Jelly Bean, I gots root, and I gots a hacked Hotspot! Life is GOOD!!! :icon_ banana:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Cool, cool, cool! Ok, you better put together your next classroom lesson!

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I wanna know what issues the leak has before I install it. Since there won't be any custom rooms immediately

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Professor FoxKat is already on it and we are collaborating. :p

Sounds good! Looking forward to it... I think. But I don't want to find myself almost getting into trouble like the last class, lol!

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds good! Looking forward to it... I think. But I don't want to find myself almost getting into trouble like the last class, lol!

I'm having minor issues ... Titanium Backup is not wanting to restore all my apps ... I may be in for a manual restore :blink:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm having minor issues ... Titanium Backup is not wanting to restore all my apps ... I may be in for a manual restore :blink:

Except for apps where you want to install a previous version of an app, I would use play store to install the most up to date of the app.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Except for apps where you want to install a previous version of an app, I would use play store to install the most up to date of the app.

I got it fixed, my phone is now like it was, only with Jelly Bean :icon_ lala:

Here's an interesting tidbit, in case anyone else has this problem...

After successfully upgrading and restoring root and hacking the Hotspot app, I went to restore all my apps and data using Titanium Backup. Well TB stalled at 21% while restoring "Blockbuster" ... so I had to stop it and reboot. Tried again, same thing. Did an FDR and tried again, same thing. So I did a Google search and found the .apk for Blockbuster, and I put it in /system/app since it wasn't in there. (I did NOT delete it, I had it frozen before the upgrade)

Tried to restore apps again in TB, and it stalled again at 21% on Blockbuster. So I rebooted, and went into root explorer, found the TB backup directory, and deleted the 3 instances of Blockbuster, so that it wouldn't try to restore it. (TB showed one less total app to be restored)

Ran restore apps and data again, and now it is in the process of restoring my apps. So I unzipped the JB update .zip on my computer, and looked in /system/app and sure enough, Blockbuster is not included with JB in the Bloatware. But TB stalled out trying to restore it.

Just FYI ...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, excellent investigative work and info Matty!