Are you Rooted? (Poll)

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Not rooted (yet). I'll consider it once I start to feel like I'm pushing against the stock boundaries - I've only had the Droid about a month, and I have yet to really feel any sense of constrainment.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Of course I am rooted. I am not closed minded nor think that just because I want to improve my phone that I will brick it. I also know that I can go back to stock at any time if I needed or wanted to. Bugless Beast 2.0.1 rom with all the improvements...

To root, or not to root, that is the question.

I would imagine that for the majority of people there would be no reason for them to root. They are perfectly happy with what they have and are not in need of improvement. My wife is the type that would never even think about it, cause she would never waste the time or thought on a "phone".

It's a certain type of person that roots their phone. The type of person that would read a phone forum... :)

Big Cam

Reaction score
I'm not, the only appealing thing to me is 5 home screens but I am patient enough to wait for 2.1 for that.

TheMidnight

Reaction score
I am rooted, largely for the overclocking mod. I don't have any custom themes or home programs to speak of. However, I have my Droid customized to the teeth.:motdroidvert:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need to change my vote to Yes, I'm rooted. I just loaded Sholes 2.0.5.:)

Zippster

Reaction score
Not rooted ever, will start to think about it after the 2.1 release and depending on what they do and dont give us in it.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
we got a really nice sample size... 56% rooted to 43% not rooted... one last bump, but i think we get the picture of the DF.net community :)

Seapup

Reaction score
I voted not currently rooted on Monday, but finally grew tired of waiting for the 2.1 OTA and am now rooted and happily running SholesMod 2.0.5 @ 1GHz.

After hammering it for a day, all I can say is... :icon_ banana: :icon_ lala:

hacksaw

Reaction score
Rooted and loving it!

For me half the fun is hacking around with my toys. I have my PSP hacked every which way as well.

Thanks to all the devs who've made it possible!

pigpen

Reaction score
I've never rooted and I'm waiting for 2.1 to see how they dress it up. After that i'ma root if i'm not pleased and remove the crap i never use.

Amazon mp3
Corporate Calender
Facebook
YouTube

and i still haven't found a use for these, so if i can remove them and not break the interface they're gone too ...

Talk
VisualVM

I have to admit its been fun reading all the 2.1 threads. I'd love a running terminal. I almost rooted last weekend, i've got some bookmarks lined up. We'll see what happens.