Are you Rooted? (Poll)

actrack03

Reaction score
Rooted. I bought this phone for the ability to make it as customized as possible and root access has allowed me to do that. Being able to flash new roms is like having a new phone every week.

owen

Reaction score
I got bored with the phone, so I rooted. I am running the SholesMod 2.0.5 and overclocked at 800 MHz. I really like the ability to load diffrent ROMs on the phone. Wireless Tether alone was enough for me to root.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
rooted and loving every minute of it.

FYI you dont need to un-root to be able to get the 2.1 update. Now if your running a custom rom then thats a whole nother story....

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

FYI you dont need to un-root to be able to get the 2.1 update.
Now if your running a custom rom then thats a whole nother story....

correct, however, you will 99% likely lose root after 2.1 is applied (as it is likely to patch the exploit

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

FYI you dont need to un-root to be able to get the 2.1 update. Now if your running a custom rom then thats a whole nother story....

correct, however, you will 99% likely lose root after 2.1 is applied (as it is likely to patch the exploit

im sure but i guess we'll just have to wait and see.... i was rooted before the 2.0 > 2.01 update and i was still rooted afterwards.... yes i know going from 2.0 > 2.01 isnt near as big as going from 2.01 > 2.1 so im gonna leave my phone rooted and then see what happens.

Last edited:

droidkm

Reaction score
i'm gonna go root right now just to post yes in this poll. tired of waiting for 2.1, if it happens tonight so be it, at least i'll know how to root right.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm gonna go root right now just to post yes in this poll. tired of waiting for 2.1, if it happens tonight so be it, at least i'll know how to root right.

I'm thinking about it again. I did it once, I might do it again.

I just don't know how much better 2.1 will actually be. I've already ran Sholes 2.0.2 and I liked it. Kind of sucked up my battery though.

I'm on the fence right now. All I need is for somebody to push me.:D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I just don't know how much better 2.1 will actually be. I've already ran Sholes 2.0.2 and I liked it. Kind of sucked up my battery though.

:: nudge nudge ::

Get off the fence and come back to our side of the yard :icon_ devil:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of the things holding me back from doing it is the virtual keyboard. It's just so darn slow, at least it was on 2.0.2 and I can't really use Swype. That to me was a big pia and one of the reasons I went back. Of course I thought I'd have 2.1 in within a week then.:mad:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

One of the things holding me back from doing it is the virtual keyboard. It's just so darn slow, at least it was on 2.0.2 and I can't really use Swype. That to me was a big pia and one of the reasons I went back. Of course I thought I'd have 2.1 in within a week then.:mad:
I didn't have that issue, but.... I can tell you the 2.0.5 runs much smoother than 2.0.2 did. And I thought 2.0.2 ran great for me.

You got the method down now anyway, you can always un root :icon_ devil:

nerdbox08

Reaction score

Like Martin said 2.0.5 is pretty good, I don't use the stock keyboard though so I can't really comment on that.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I'm rooted, and not because the stock droid wasn't awesome.

I would say the stock droid is awesome with a lid on it
while rooted is a world of unlimited awesomeness