Are you regretting the Droid

Bxrider117

Reaction score
My first introduction to Android OS was the HTC Eris and I thought that was a great phone, but coming from a BB Storm, I was used to playing with the phone and customizing it to my liking. So I made the jump to the Moto Droid because of the ability to root the phone. Now, I am rooted and overclocked to 1.2ghz. I am always intrigued by the latest and greatest phone. I know that there will be a new phone introduced every 2-4 months that will offer something better than the last phone. With that said, I think the Moto Droid and Nexus 1 are going to be the only phones to outlast them all. These 2 phones will always run a clean version of the latest Android OS. Everything else will offer Sense or Blur and will always be delayed when it comes to OS updates.

With the arrival of the Sprint EVO, i know that all of the extra features on the newer phones are going to come with a cost (ie. camera calls, tethering and mobile hotspots). Aside from the camera calls, I can tether with my phone and I have had 2 phones running on my phone at one time, with no extra charges( I don't use my phone like that all the time). So for those reasons I love my Droid and maybe I will update later in the year, but I doubt it because next year the phones will be even greater.

Phxphenom

Reaction score
I really like my Droid but since I rooted it to Bugless Beast, overclocked to 1ghz and added the Luna theme, it's an even better experience.

GuySmiley

Reaction score
love my moto droid but i am to sexy for it, so i might upgrade to moto droid2 or shadow depending which one is faster...dancedroid

ShowTime

Reaction score
Do I regret getting it? Not one bit. Am I jealous of/wish I would have waited for a newer model? Have been so happy with my Droid I haven't even been interested enough to investigate any of the newer options.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid does everything I want it to do. I am satisfied with the google experience. I would have regretted it if I would have traded it in for another device.

long john

Reaction score
Probably the BEST communication/task/entertainment device I ever owned. Going forward will never own anything but a Droid, or ongoing variation of one!

My wife: "It's just an effin' phone."
Me: "Maybe, but it STILL does more than you do to please me!"

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now had I have know that Android phones would be exploding a few months after I got it I might have held off.
As already stated there are always newer devices on the way. You'd never upgrade with that approach. If you wait that only changes what's in the pipeline and you're still stuck with newer devices being on the way.

IMO most of these newer devices are evolutionary with minor, incremental improvements. It doesn't bother me that I have a 2 year contract. By the time I'm eligible for an upgrade there should be a device worth (IMO, of course) upgrading to. These small changes aren't worth the massive depreciation that we all have to deal with after purchase. Of course, others feel otherwise and would upgrade at every possible chance. YMMV.

Last edited: