Are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcayton49

Reaction score

portermac

Reaction score
I went to Verizon the other day and the guy I talked to said if its 299 then full retail will be like the Charge at 569.00 . Sounds logical.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I've been saying for months this thing is just a glorified, slightly souped up Atrix... the first "version" even was announced near the same time that AT&T got it.

It's an awesome phone, mind you (as are the Atrix and Photon...) - but people are expecting this super phone that will blow our minds away and shock us with something new and revolutionary - overhype machine!

I still don't get how people are comparing the bionic to the atrix. not even close. The only thing even close between the two is the screen.

The best comparison is to the Droid3.

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Is the FFC 1.3 or .03 ? I didn't see the clarification and another question will it even make a difference?

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
Long time follower of the Bionic here. I was one of them people that was always hoping for a 4.5 screen but not a deal breaker. Little bummed out it looks so much like the other phones in the lineup. Any other phones I should keep my eye on? I know that HTC phone might be coming in late September but HTCs have bad battery life right? What's about the Galaxy S II phone, is that coming soon to big red?

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I've been saying for months this thing is just a glorified, slightly souped up Atrix... the first "version" even was announced near the same time that AT&T got it.

It's an awesome phone, mind you (as are the Atrix and Photon...) - but people are expecting this super phone that will blow our minds away and shock us with something new and revolutionary - overhype machine!

I want that fingerprint scanner on the atrix!

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Long time follower of the Bionic here. I was one of them people that was always hoping for a 4.5 screen but not a deal breaker. Little bummed out it looks so much like the other phones in the lineup. Any other phones I should keep my eye on? I know that HTC phone might be coming in late September but HTCs have bad battery life right? What's about the Galaxy S II phone, is that coming soon to big red?
Like u,we all started on this road back n jan.As far as the SG2,we all got our ears 2 the ground like u but me personally,I'm lookin @ the vigor bad batt and all.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

I still don't get how people are comparing the bionic to the atrix. not even close. The only thing even close between the two is the screen.

The best comparison is to the Droid3.

They're quite similar... Bionic has the newer/better(?) dual core (but still they're both dual core), higher mp cameras, slightly bigger screen, and possibly the newest version of blur. Other than that, not a huge difference in the phones at all. I might be forgetting something, but that's why I said "slighly souped up".

darkmatter

Reaction score
There's nothing in common between the atrix and bionic. Simply saying they're both dual core isn't saying much. it would be like saying amd = intel.

Its been shown that the ti omap4 outperforms the tegra2, and as such the droid3 would be a much better comparison than the atrix.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's nothing in common between the atrix and bionic. Simply saying they're both dual core isn't saying much. it would be like saying amd = intel.

Its been shown that the ti omap4 outperforms the tegra2, and as such the droid3 would be a much better comparison than the atrix.

The processor is about the only significant difference, and how significant that is is still up for debate. I do agree that omap is better, and stated that it's a better processor and "souped up". However the Droid 3 hasn't had the 9 month long wait, and wasn't touted to be released back right after the Atrix was released. The D3 also only has half a gig of ram, while the Bionic, Atrix, and Photon all have 1 gig, and are the only phones on the market that do... or at the very least the only Moto phones that do.

Also take into consideration the form factor - the D3 is in a class of it's own, as a follow up to the D1 and D2. The Bionic is very similar in form factor to the Atrix and Photon.

I get what you're saying, but my thought process is based on the fact that the Bionic is essentially Verizon's version of the Atrix, with 9+ months to "soup it up", in the same way the Photon is Sprint's version. So the D3, while similar in some specs, is a separate issue.

I never said it's not better, and for that matter that it's not going to be an awesome phone. I'm simply saying it's not a huge jump from the Atrix - and given how long they've had to make that jump, my opinion has always been that people are over-hyping what will turn out to be a slightly bigger, slightly better Atrix.

Last edited:

anuraj1

Reaction score

The processor is about the only significant difference, and how significant that is is still up for debate. I do agree that omap is better, and stated that it's a better processor and "souped up". However the Droid 3 hasn't had the 9 month long wait, and wasn't touted to be released back right after the Atrix was released. The D3 also only has half a gig of ram, while the Bionic, Atrix, and Photon all have 1 gig, and are the only phones on the market that do... or at the very least the only Moto phones that do.

Also take into consideration the form factor - the D3 is in a class of it's own, as a follow up to the D1 and D2. The Bionic is very similar in form factor to the Atrix and Photon.

I get what you're saying, but my thought process is based on the fact that the Bionic is essentially Verizon's version of the Atrix, with 9+ months to "soup it up", in the same way the Photon is Sprint's version. So the D3, while similar in some specs, is a separate issue.

I never said it's not better, and for that matter that it's not going to be an awesome phone. I'm simply saying it's not a huge jump from the Atrix - and given how long they've had to make that jump, my opinion has always been that people are over-hyping what will turn out to be a slightly bigger, slightly better Atrix.

This is complete misinformation. The original Bionic (the Etna) was VZW's version of the Atrix. The new Targa is completely different. The only similiarity is that they are both built by Moto.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, that's not the only similarity...

It's only slightly different now because they took an additional 7 months to release it, but it's still the same idea. 4g LTE, dual core@1ghz, large screen, 1gig of ram, ect...

7-8 months in the phone world as we know is around 2 generations of phones. Do you feel the Bionic is 2 generations ahead of the Atrix?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.