Are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is basically what I was saying in my thread a week ago on the repercussions off Motorola pulling a fast one on us. Apparently people took it the wrong way.
Motorola should be punished if they release the Bionic with inferior hardware.
If you're bored.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/162946-dae-feel-might-kill-motorola.html

Trust me,I truly understand what ur sayin.3 mths ago,u would've gotin cussed out 4 sayin anything bad about the bionic.I guess apple people say,and they talk about us.lol!!!

spillner

Reaction score
Camera aside, I think the Droid 3 is amazing The display is very sharp and I only notice the pixelation if I bring the phone up to my eye and focus on one spot. When the camera gets updated (and I think it will) it'll be one of the best phones out there, if it isn't already. The fact that the bionic has even better specs should make anyone who waited for it very happy.

Spraynard

Reaction score
Why all the surprise?

I have been lurking these forums for a while now and I haven't seen this much hate for a while so I had to make an account. While I know these specs are still not confirmed I would just like to know what people expected? If you have been following since CES you'll notice pretty much everything is the same except processor and more ram. This is still the Bionic no? Maybe it is the Targa and not the Etna, but a rose is still a rose even if you think it stinks. Obviously we have been waiting for too long for this phone, but it seems some of you have had your mind made up that this wasn't the phone for you since you have pretty much known what to expect for a while now (everything else is just speculation).This is to no one in particular, but just a way to vent some frustration I'm having with comments about the Bionic on dedicated Bionic forums and threads and on just about every comment section about something Bionic related.

You know the Bionic has an 8 megapixel camera which it seems you know is the same as the Droid 3's (unconfirmed, but it is very likely) so boom the SGS2's camera is better. The SGS2's processor is also clocked at 1.2 GHZ against the Bionic's 1 GHZ so boom the SGS2 is faster. Also 4g is just a tacked on feature to some of you and that makes a phone thicker too and since the SGS2 is most likely going to only be 3g (unconfirmed) to keep it nice and slim and boom you don't care about 4g anyway. You also know that the Bionic will have the same pentile screen as the Droidx2 (unconfirmed) so the SGS2 screen is better boom (well it probably would be anyway so this one is a wash).

I guess my point is that if you already knew this then why even come in here to complain about something you knew you didn't want in the first place? Maybe you did expect the specs to be better than what were announced at CES and they are (supposedly) maybe you are just mad at Motorola and I can see why, but normally I come to this site to see constructive posts and rumors and information on the Droid Bionic, not too hear about how much farther you think it is behind the times than phones that don't have any current release date in the U.S. (to be fair neither does the Bionic but Moto CEO said September so I'll take that as a confirmed release window)

I hate for my first post to be a negative, but this is becoming pervasive in the Motorola Droid Bionic forum and comment world. If you have nothing good to say about the device why don't you just talk sh*t about the Bionic on a SGS2 forum. Would that be like the equivalent of coming in here only talking about how much better the SGS2 and HTC Vigor are?

Thanks for reading this and sorry about any grammar,punctuation or spelling errors. This is my first post on a tech site really and sorry for the bricks of text. Edit: I too am mad at Motorola (partially Verizon too) for making me wait this long for a phone that will have about standard specs for this generation, but i guess i just had more realistic ideas of what this phone would have in it.

Last edited:

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Im gonna have to agree with a lot of these posts. Ever since I heard about 4g, and the amazing speeds people were getting, I knew my next phone had to be 4g. I live and work and go to school all in a 4g area, and use google maps a lot so I would love to have faster loading on that.

But to get just a lte atrix after all this wait sucks. I was following the bionic since before it was shown at CES on january 6. I thought I was being smart by waiting for the bionic, because it had the latest technology at the time, the dual core processor. I thought I was being smart and patient waiting for the phone I thought was best, and all it did was screw me in the end. I have had an upgrade available forever, and I could have been enjoying the Thunderbolt all summer instead of wasting my life reading this site and droid life for updates on the much delayed Bionic.

It really annoys me how little time phone company's give before a product launch. Video games and movies get launch dates announced months in advance, why can't phones?

Verizon has purely been dropping the ball with rolling out lte phones because I think its fantastic how fast they are adding cities and how relatively smooth the lte launch has been, but the phones have been all old technology and lackluster. Thunderbolt come on that's already a year old evo and its still the best lte phone with the most developer support.

I don't really have much to say except I got too excited over this phone, or any new phone, and I will probably be dissapointed no matter what new phone I end up getting. The dream phone just probably isn't out there, and its pitiful that phones are just barely catching up to the iphone 4 in features and quality.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Camera aside, I think the Droid 3 is amazing The display is very sharp and I only notice the pixelation if I bring the phone up to my eye and focus on one spot. When the camera gets updated (and I think it will) it'll be one of the best phones out there, if it isn't already. The fact that the bionic has even better specs should make anyone who waited for it very happy.

I just don't see it. I went and thoroughly checked the D3 screen out 2 days ago for an hour, as I was going to do the BOGO and then sell them later for the Bionic. I did not see a nice screen, I saw faded colors and pixelation. I saw suttering on multiple websites and had some apps lock up as I opened them. I was actually really excited about the D3 after I had read a review here and then it just didn't do anything for me, especially the screen.

I actually liked that the screen was 4'' instead of 4.3'' as I think we're getting a bit big for comfort, but it just was not a nice screen.

tcayton49

Reaction score
I have been lurking these forums for a while now and I haven't seen this much hate for a while so I had to make an account. While I know these specs are still not confirmed I would just like to know what people expected? If you have been following since CES you'll notice pretty much everything is the same except processor and more ram. This is still the Bionic no? Maybe it is the Targa and not the Etna, but a rose is still a rose even if you think it stinks. Obviously we have been waiting for too long for this phone, but it seems some of you have had your mind made up that this wasn't the phone for you since you have pretty much known what to expect for a while now (everything else is just speculation).This is to no one in particular, but just a way to vent some frustration I'm having with comments about the Bionic on dedicated Bionic forums and threads and on just about every comment section about something Bionic related.

You know the Bionic has an 8 megapixel camera which it seems you know is the same as the Droid 3's (unconfirmed, but it is very likely) so boom the SGS2's camera is better. The SGS2's processor is also clocked at 1.2 GHZ against the Bionic's 1 GHZ so boom the SGS2 is faster. Also 4g is just a tacked on feature to some of you and that makes a phone thicker too and since the SGS2 is most likely going to only be 3g (unconfirmed) to keep it nice and slim and boom you don't care about 4g anyway. You also know that the Bionic will have the same pentile screen as the Droidx2 (unconfirmed) so the SGS2 screen is better boom (well it probably would be anyway so this one is a wash).

I guess my point is that if you already knew this then why even come in here to complain about something you knew you didn't want in the first place? Maybe you did expect the specs to be better than what were announced at CES and they are (supposedly) maybe you are just mad at Motorola and I can see why, but normally I come to this site to see constructive posts and rumors and information on the Droid Bionic, not too hear about how much farther you think it is behind the times than phones that don't have any current release date in the U.S. (to be fair neither does the Bionic but Moto CEO said September so I'll take that as a confirmed release window)

I hate for my first post to be a negative, but this is becoming pervasive in the Motorola Droid Bionic forum and comment world. If you have nothing good to say about the device why don't you just talk sh*t about the Bionic on a SGS2 forum. Would that be like the equivalent of coming in here only talking about how much better the SGS2 and HTC Vigor are?

Thanks for reading this and sorry about any grammar,punctuation or spelling errors. This is my first post on a tech site really and sorry for the bricks of text. Edit: I too am mad at Motorola (partially Verizon too) for making me wait this long for a phone that will have about standard specs for this generation, but i guess i just had more realistic ideas of what this phone would have in it.

This is a very good post. Unfortunately it will go over a lot of people's head, because many people on here are not capable of logical thinking.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

This is a very good post. Unfortunately it will go over a lot of people's head, because many people on here are not capable of logical thinking.

It's also much too long for most people to read lol but yes i totally agree we all knew for the most part what the specs would be which is why I hopped over to sprint for the EVO 3d has great specs and the 3d is pretty cool too

Sent from the 3rd dimension with root and S-Off o and at 1.7ghz!

Natey2

Reaction score
Everybody is taking their phone (even an unreleased phone!) too seriously.
For real processing horsepower, may I humbly recommend an Intel Core i7, and not any of these smartphone processors.
e.g. a 1GHz Snapdragon is about as powerful as a 1GHz Pentium 3.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I just don't see it. I went and thoroughly checked the D3 screen out 2 days ago for an hour, as I was going to do the BOGO and then sell them later for the Bionic. I did not see a nice screen, I saw faded colors and pixelation. I saw suttering on multiple websites and had some apps lock up as I opened them. I was actually really excited about the D3 after I had read a review here and then it just didn't do anything for me, especially the screen.

I actually liked that the screen was 4'' instead of 4.3'' as I think we're getting a bit big for comfort, but it just was not a nice screen.

Really? I think the screen is great.. to me at least. Some of My friends have phones with super amoled screens and to me, I'll take my Droid 3 screen over that any day. Personal preference, obviously. To me, the colors are more realistic, not over exaggerated or over brightened, etc. Also, I don't notice any faded colors after having it for 3weeks.. why is it the people that looked at the phone for a few minutes, or in your case, an hour, that are complaining about the screen? Besides some people having battery problems and the camera, the droid 3 is fantastic. Hell, some people complain about the screen without even seeing it in person. If you're complaining about this screen, you'll(talking to everyone with these posts, not just you) likely complain about the bionic, too. Anyways.. but ya, you guys are the ones complaining about it while the people that actually have the phone are just fine with it.

If the screen was as bad as you say, I'd of taken it back within the 14day limit. Pretty simple.. it's not like we're praising the phone because we were stuck with it from day one and want other people to make the same mistake we did so we don't feel as bad. But, not the case is it?

I guess it all comes down to personal preference in the end though.

But once the SGSII comes out, I'm likely getting rid of this phone anyway.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

C

Communisum

+1. Hallelujah lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Nimazahir

Reaction score

The sgs2 will have a 5mp camera(i think), 4g is very important if you live in a 4g area so idk what you are saying, does the sgs2 have a dual core 1.2 gig processor?

Reaction score
Yeah I like how the SG2 is but only internally. I don't like how it looks screen I like this one camera I'm no photographer so its in the air and over all if the droid 3 gets root I'm happy and gflam honestly 1.7ghz yeah tell that to SG2 lovers right now and and see how stable your iphone look alike is. Sorry but you don't want an iphone but rather a droid hm ill go buy what looks like one but isn't one yet we complain over who innovates and copys sorry its true logical thought

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like how the SG2 is but only internally. I don't like how it looks screen I like this one camera I'm no photographer so its in the air and over all if the droid 3 gets root I'm happy and gflam honestly 1.7ghz yeah tell that to SG2 lovers right now and and see how stable your iphone look alike is. Sorry but you don't want an iphone but rather a droid hm ill go buy what looks like one but isn't one yet we complain over who innovates and copys sorry its true logical thought

Not trying to be rude, but I didn't get all that you said due to some bad grammar and run-on sentences. Had to re read it a couple times.

Anyways, to me the SG2 doesn't look anything like the iPhone.. the Drod 3 has a similar iPhone looking dock, just doesn't have the hardware home button. So.. ya. If the GS2 is a look alike, all android phones are copies I guess. Hell, I can download an iPhone 4 theme on go launcher if I wanted. Sure it's not stock, but still.

Reaction score
Yeah I understand its 3:00am who minds grammer right now but true its lose-lose situation bionic outdated upon release sg2 outdated soon and what's worse these phones cost fair level laptops so who is really happy with a phone worth a good laptop and still have to pay more for its data requirements

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I understand its 3:00am who minds grammer right now but true its lose-lose situation bionic outdated upon release sg2 outdated soon and what's worse these phones cost fair level laptops so who is really happy with a phone worth a good laptop and still have to pay more for its data requirements

True. People will buy the bionic, then next month it'll be old news. But, that's normal. We'll see or not if I upgrade to the sg2. Good chance I wont if root is out by then. I am loving this phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.