Are you kidding me? (Battery insanity)

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Yeah to me the z2 force/play is so far the best phone for the money. It's built tough, have solid battery life, and you can snag one with mods and still have money left over for what it would cost for one of the other high end flagships such as the pixel 2 xl, iPhone X, or Note 8.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I does seem to me that if you keep more apps open on the task list phones get hotter swiping them closed seems to keep phones a bit cooler and batteries seem to get hotter when they have lower charge left anybody else notice this?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I does seem to me that if you keep more apps open on the task list phones get hotter swiping them closed seems to keep phones a bit cooler and batteries seem to get hotter when they have lower charge left anybody else notice this?

Oreo may fix that.

I noticed that Oreo does a better job with this with both my Nexus 6p and (obviously) my pixel xl 2. I'm itching to see the improvement Moto z2 users will get once they get Oreo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

I have not. There is only one thing that can even slightly generate enough heat for me to notice: Ingress. Easily one of the most demanding games on mobile. It's barely noticeable.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Had to find this thread again to share this. Far and away the best I've ever gotten out of any phone. Ok, so I used it significantly less yesterday then I normally do. Went to 2 parties, lots of friends and family, very little time looking at my phone. Still checked Reddit a time or 3, some text messages, a tiny bit of Tapatalk. Didn't plug in last night.
Didn't use it a ton today either and look at this. I've seen people claim 2 days of battery life. Always been skeptical.
From yesterday morning around 9 until 8:30 this evening.
3e50877e7c459cb5d25f7a4b07373a7d.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's nice to see you posting these positive battery stats Pere. The Z2 series is incredible, can't say it enough. But the "critics" and those that only want to see "bigger" battery mAH than the last phone will never believe that a 3000 mAh battery with the right chip can be as good as a 3750 mAh battery.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The Z2 force got to 6 percent the other day after high use hiking and taking pictures after 12 hours , that's why I got the battery pack so I can use it if I'm still away from a charger more than 12 high use hours.
Still impressed by z2

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Alright, I see what you mean Pere (and Bruben). When I heard that Moto wasn't making a Z3 Force I went ahead and grabbed a Z2 Force with their $399 sale. It's a great phone for < $400. . I have been using it hard all morning and still have 75% battery. My Z Force would be dead by now if I was using it this hard. It's now retired as a family spare. This thing is smooth and I'm impressed with the battery so far.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing Sajo. I was hoping for a top line Z3, but with the mediocre offering they gave, I decided to pick up a Z2 force. I missed the $399 sale, but found a brand new one on Swappa for $350. So far I'm very happy with it. The battery usage is amazing. Granted, I didn't have too much screen time, only about 3 hours, but that's kind of normal for me sometimes. Even with that low SOT, I'm still amazed.
upload_2018-8-15_19-39-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-15_19-35-48.png
    upload_2018-8-15_19-35-48.png
    197.4 KB · Views: 274
  • upload_2018-8-15_19-38-11.png
    upload_2018-8-15_19-38-11.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 278

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and am happy with my decision. It may not be a two year phone for me like my Z Force was (well....almost 2) but it will definitely get me to next Summer and I'll see what Moto has to offer for 2019. I think the Z series is over so we'll see what next year brings. Buy for now, the Z2 Force is an awesome phone. I am back to not worrying about a charger / Moto Mod battery during a normal day; this thing goes from sun-up to sun-down on one charge. That makes me happy again.

Enjoy your new phone my friend.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way. It's a great phone and I'm expecting about a year out of it. For less than 400 bones, you can't really go wrong. I sure hope Moto delivers next year. I've grown very accustomed to many of the small things that Moto has done to make a phone more friendly.
Enjoy your new phone too brother.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I...don't....hate to say I told you so. I like my Essential...it's good...it's on Pie and buggy...but my Force was... something to be reckoned with.
Yeah...I said it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk