Are you guys going to get the 32 gig deal?

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
FYI, those cheapass 32GB micro SD cards on eBay are NOT really 32GB. When you get them, they're formatted/partitioned to SAY that they're 32GB but they're really only like 512MB-2GB cards that are hacked to look like that. Also, they're not legit cards but instead are knock-offs. For memory cards on eBay, if they're SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than retail prices, they're probably fakes.

I'd think twice before ordering from anybody in China for a memory card for this reason alone. Order from somebody in your country and with good feedback to keep yourself protected.

Example of an OBVIOUS knock-off. Do you REALLY think they can sell 32GB cards for $1?!??? They can't even do it for $50 so don't think you can get by with a $30 card!

Take a look here for more info.

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i'll let you know when i get it and it'll test it's read/write speeds also.

hendrix

Reaction score
i would guess they are probably class 2 (which means they are really slow on read/write).

meh, could the new droids even take advantage of >class 2 card? current droid cant iirc

interesting, didn't realize that. I could have sworn that I had seen somewhere that the card coming with the Droid X was class 6. can't find my source atm though so i could have been imagining things.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

I recommend you check first thing if you can actually store ~32GB of data on it! I bet you it will start to give you errors after 0.5-2.0GB of data. You probably got a knock-off SD card from a scammer at that price.

dbigdawg

Reaction score

I recommend you check first thing if you can actually store ~32GB of data on it! I bet you it will start to give you errors after 0.5-2.0GB of data. You probably got a knock-off SD card from a scammer at that price.

I got one for $ 22 shipped and it showed 31.2 gb available space. It would never hold more than 8gb and was slow as hell at that. Those cards are significantly cheaper because they are imposters. Get the Verizon deal because it is legit and you have recourse.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

I got one for $ 22 shipped and it showed 31.2 gb available space. It would never hold more than 8gb and was slow as hell at that. Those cards are significantly cheaper because they are imposters. Get the Verizon deal because it is legit and you have recourse.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. And if you THINK you have ~32GB of data on it, be sure to do a comparison to the source to make sure it's all really there. They do some pretty clever things with these to fool you!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Buying cheap memory cards on eBay is for suckers. You'll get crap that performs poorly, may even have significantly less storage than claimed, and will probably get corrupted or crash within a year.

Newegg.com <-- go there, and don't look back.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
just an update, today i received message from ebay...

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Hello ***********,

We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you won or bid on:

120576777956 - 32GB TF MicroSDHC Micro SDHC SD Flash Memory Card 32G

We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you won or bid on:

120576777956 - 32GB TF MicroSDHC Micro SDHC SD Flash Memory Card 32G

To help protect you, we removed this listing so we can confirm that the seller is not putting you or other eBay members at risk.

If you've already paid for this item through eBay, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. All you need to do is click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process to get a refund. (Unfortunately, because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.)

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

If you won the item but haven't paid yet, don't pay for it.

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly encourage you to not accept the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs.

If you didn't pay through eBay, please read the following information:

-- If you paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
-- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.
-- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the charge.

We want to make sure you get your money back safely and quickly.

Thanks,

eBay
[/FONT]

so those of you that were saying it's a scam are absolutely right :)

now i just have to file a claim with paypal and get my money back.

Interpol

Reaction score
You need to be really careful when buying these things on eBay. There's a lot of discussion right now about the number of scammers who are selling fake 32GB micro SDHC cards on eBay and even on Amazon Marketplace.

I was able to get an additional 20% discount at Verizon when I picked up my Droid X on Thursday (California state employee credentials) so the 32GB card was only $74. At that price, it's a no-brainer.