Are we done here? Way too quiet...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if we're done here or not? It's been very quiet lately, no updates, info, etc.

Does anyone know if Apex on the D2 is going the way of the Dodo, or is Fab going to continue to work on it?

I like the ROM a lot, BTW, and hope it continues to be updated/improved.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I'm with you bro. Yeah its nice to have a great rom and not have to flash every night, but there's a few things that could be fixed. I'm still confused as to what the hell happened to fabdroid. Website down and I haven't seen anything from him in over a month. Yikes. I hope this phone isn't done. Such kick ass hardware, throttled by that damn bootloader. Don't let it die devs! I got another 2 years! Lol. But seriously...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
Agreed. I really like this ROM for its simplicity. However with the new update to Liberty supposedly coming soon, I think im going to flash over. The devs seem to really be on the ball with that ROM.

Reaction score
Unfortunately...

Agreed. I really like this ROM for its simplicity. However with the new update to Liberty supposedly coming soon, I think im going to flash over. The devs seem to really be on the ball with that ROM.

Unfortunately I might be doing the same thing... Apex was only the second rom I've ever tried and loved it so I stuck with it so I hope it doesn't die! But, if I don't start seeing signs of life I may give up and switch to liberty. What's the main difference between the two? I never really bothered to look at any other roms than Apex since it was perfect for me!!! :D

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
Well I'm already running the Gingbread Blur leak from Motorola, rooted and deodexed. SOOOO FAST!!! ha. Can't wait to see any custom ROM that comes out with it. Apex and Liberty's devs have both confirmed they'll be working on it ASAP.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score

Unfortunately I might be doing the same thing... Apex was only the second rom I've ever tried and loved it so I stuck with it so I hope it doesn't die! But, if I don't start seeing signs of life I may give up and switch to liberty. What's the main difference between the two? I never really bothered to look at any other roms than Apex since it was perfect for me!!! :D

Apex is the best balance of extra features and decent Blur apps. I love it. Running the rooted gingerbread for now. Can't wait for custom gingerbread! So happy this phone is still alive! :)

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

I don't know much about Apex (I only ran it for a day or so back when I didn't know what I was doing), but the big selling point with Liberty is the Liberty toolbox which comes with the ROM (although I recommend grabbing it from the market to take advantage of Jrummy's updates). With this you can fully customize your phone (themes, fonts, app installs and removal, everything) without booting into recovery. Liberty toolbox handles it for you.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apex has a toolbox too. Fab has had server issues which have just been fixed. Expect an apex for gingy

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
Apex has a toolbox too. Fab has had server issues which have just been fixed. Expect an apex for gingy

this is the first I've heard of his servers being back up!!!! GAH!!! I've been running away from Apex because I was afraid to do anything in the toolbox. Oh well. I'm coming back to Froyo tonight, hope all goes well coming from Gingerbread after all the issues going to it. Ha. An Apex Gingerbread would just blow my mind man. How long do you think we'll have to wait? Liberty is just coming out with a new Froyo ROM now, so I'm cautious about expectations for a custom ROM. A month?

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Is your prediction of a Gingerbread Apex coming from a communication from Fab or one of those doing dev w/him? He hasn't been in here in a while - can you point at a post in another forum, or? Would love to see/hear more on this.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
I think Fab posted on his twitter for plans of a GB Apex. I could be wrong, but I believe that's where it came from.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
So since liberty is buggy still I think I'm going to satisfy my desire to flash by trying out some themes. Will the themes posted in the DX forum work for D2? I know his server is still down so I'm gonna have a hard time finding some working links. First attempt at theming.

Last edited: