Are we Dead Yet (Root Users)?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I only rooted a small number of devices and it was only for the entitlement hack..but my obsession with droids keeps that from happening anymore..so I literally have no need..that and I started a WiFi hotspot account and just take it with me...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well the entitlement hack is the main reason I rooted my Turbo. I didn't feel like paying another $30/month for the hotspot.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well the entitlement hack is the main reason I rooted my Turbo. I didn't feel like paying another $30/month for the hotspot.
This "root" is a flash root...I wasn't sure how it'd work..so I didn't chance it..lol
It wasn't until you did it, that I knew for sure if it'd work..

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well it does work and quite nicely I might add. Gives me exactly what I wanted, entitlement hack, addblock, and root file browsing.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You yourself were skeptical at first...I remember you saying as much...glad it works. I wasn't going to take the leap

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seems like with every build rooting is getting tougher and tougher for nexus devices.

A Look at Marshmallow Root & Verity Complications - XDA Forums

At one time I could never think of a time where a nexus phone could not be rooted. But now I am beginning to ponder the possibilities. I mean on one hand it's a nexus but on another.... it may get to a point where in order to root you will have to boot up through modified aosp roms, if the bootloader allows it.

Any way, back to prepping to run a custom rom on my N5.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm running stock rooted 6.0 no issues... SuperSu 2.50..

S6E+ tapatalk
Nice, Hopefully an un-lockable bootloader & ChainFire will save the day for the latest Nexus devices.

While I understand the drive to secure Android, I still want Root & the ability to modify the phone.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nice, Hopefully an un-lockable bootloader & ChainFire will save the day for the latest Nexus devices.

While I understand the drive to secure Android, I still want Root & the ability to modify the phone.
We are in good hands in fhe development community..Nexus lives!

S6E+ tapatalk