Are they currently shipping LCD or AMOLED?

rsarno

Reaction score
Or do we not know for sure?

I was reading a lot of comments on other forums, implying the changeover has already occurred and if i order right now im sure to get an LCD

I doubt id even notice the difference, tbh ... just wondering whats shipping. I receive mine on 8/2/10

kmo

Reaction score
I believe all Incredible's being made at this point are using the high-quality TFT display. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
I believe all Incredible's being made at this point are using the high-quality TFT display. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

a what?? So its not LCD or Amoled (or whatever) its something else??

BTW i have no idea what any of this means, i just dont like to be short changed. What differences will i notice?

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
yes ive read those, they still discuss it as being rumor.

just wondering if an official change has been noticed

jkl5026

Reaction score
According to the Verizon rep I talked to yesterday these were just rumors. I don't know what to believe or how I can even tell a difference when I receive mine on Monday.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
According to the Verizon rep I talked to yesterday these were just rumors. I don't know what to believe or how I can even tell a difference when I receive mine on Monday.

i know enough to not listen to any rep haha.

But i did see the "phase out" list, and it makes perfect sense the dInc was on that list if they will be changing the glass, since it would have a different model number. And that makes perfect sense to do, since the current glass obviously isnt working out in terms of shipment delays.

I did notice the shipment delay dropped by about 2 weeks, about a week ago.

zMd113

Reaction score
No, when they start shipping the TFT LCD versions we will know about it, I promise.

Toe_Cutter

Reaction score
A quick check of VZW and HTC sites makes no mention of this whatsoever.

One thing I did find ridiculous about these LCD rumors is that they claim the LCD'ed Droid Incredible will ship with Froyo, which made the entire claim ridiculously improbable, considering HTC has already said it will be Septemberish before we see Froyo on the Incredible.

There will be NO confusion whatsoever as to which display the Incredible will have as they'd require a different SKU for pricing, contracts, support etc.

I'm chocking this up as one big huge rumor.

Order your Incredible.

I held a Droid X in my hand and compared it to my Incredible, and that's when it became apparent that there is NO comparison :)

Reaction score
Or do we not know for sure?

I was reading a lot of comments on other forums, implying the changeover has already occurred and if i order right now im sure to get an LCD

I doubt id even notice the difference, tbh ... just wondering whats shipping. I receive mine on 8/2/10

I doubt that they would switch, as some users like the AMOLED technology and that may have been the tipping point for them. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Samsung had a deal to complete.

zMd113

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure feedback about the screen switch didn't set well with people who had already ordered one or were thinking about ordering one. AMOLED is the way to go for sure, it's better just to wait for the better screen.

ffej89

Reaction score
I dont agree totally that amoled is better. tft is better for me because i work in the sun all day and cant see a amoled screen umless i hide in the dark if i can find some. TFT you can see at least. Depends on how you look at it

kmo

Reaction score
I would like to see a side by side comparison. I really don't think there is a big difference visually.

Toe_Cutter

Reaction score
I would like to see a side by side comparison. I really don't think there is a big difference visually.

How in the world could you say such a thing if you've never seen an AMOLED screen?

The difference between a traditional LCD and a AMOLED is jaw-dropping.

I can't tell you how many people assumed my DI was an iPhone4 due to AMOLED screen on the DI. They go slack jaw when I tell them it's an Android phone. Funny how civilians just naturally assume that something that looks sharp simply must be made by Apple?

Seriously, the screen is astonishing. I wouldn't gave paid retail for it if it had a simple, washed out TFT. AMOLED is the future, and you'll agree once you lay eyes on a good AMOLED screen (to say nothing of how little power they require).

The Droid X looked weak in comparison. I might consider a Samsung Fascinate one it's released, as the Super AMOLED is supposed to have even better contrast. It's a bit larger than the DI, which would make typing a bit easier.