Are there any themes besides the stock one for 4.1?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Versatile, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Versatile

Versatile New Member

I just switched over tonight, and so far so good (except I can't get Maps to install, but I'll deal with that tomorrow). I just wanted to know if there are any other themes in development for this ROM? And if so, where I could get them?
  2. jayarmstrong

jayarmstrong New Member

In the past, Chevy's released SS in both stock Android and the blue smoked glass theme you see in 4.1. I get the impression that he'll do that again once we settle on a ROM that won't be superseded in a week. Beyond that, I don't know what themes work with SS ... have you tried metamorph on 4.1?
  3. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

4. Versatile

Versatile New Member

Eh... I just am not a fan of all these extravagant custom notification bar icons. Like the 3G bars, or the wifi icon. It kinda seems tacky. And I don't really know how to metamorph. I've tried and failed in the past, but I'm willing to give it another shot I guess. What are the restrictions for a 2.2 ROM such as this one?
  5. godfish

godfish New Member

WOW, the notification bar icons are what I like, other then the bluetooth one it's hard to see when connected would be nice if it changed color or something.
  6. Versatile

Versatile New Member

No way, man. The icons are so gaudy. I just want discrete, maybe minimalist icons instead of flashy ones that insist upon themselves. For example, I love the Sense UI's bar. That's just top notch for me lol. Is there any way I can get that on this ROM?
  7. mkraffert

mkraffert New Member

Have you tried Ninjamorph? It you have the framework-res.apk from a rom that has icons you like, you can "migrate" them to your current rom using this program. It's time consuming, but it works well. I like it becauwse it lets me select various icons from various roms to get exactly the look I want.
  8. jayarmstrong

jayarmstrong New Member

@mkraffert
    thx for the tip. I'm gonna check that out. I've been wanting more glass/transparency with the stock icons but settling for just stock. Sounds like once you put the time in, you can ninjamorph each new build.
  9. mkraffert

mkraffert New Member

I'm not sure of that since it allows you to change the png files one at a time. I did discover though that you can put all the png files in a directory, have Ninjamorph open the file you want to modify, and using something like Root Explorer copy all the png files you want into the appropriate directory and then have Ninjamorph create the package and reapply it.
  10. lethalpimp

lethalpimp New Member

for your maps issue: Post #130 in the official SS 4.1

and blue energy is available ( dont know about any other themes), but its in the official download of blue energy
Search tags for this page

metamorph theme les stock rom 4.1