Are there any stand alone battery chargers out there?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by stingrayracing, Jan 12, 2012.

1. stingrayracing

stingrayracing Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I am trying to find a battery charger that will charge an extended battery or standard battery. I ordered one that had the dock for the phone and a battery charger on the back. The dock worked fine but the battery charger would not charge either battery. They sent me a replacement but it didn't work either. I have tried every configuration and it still does not charge the external battery. It is supposed to be for the Bionic but it will not work. I know Verizon has one but I am not sure if it will charge an extended battery; the slot for the battery may not be big enough. Has anyone bought a battery charger that works?

2. jayman350

jayman350 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I have been using this one [h=1]Motorola 89508N Battery Dock since November. It came with a new standard battery as well as the charger. Sometimes it will only charge the extended battery to like 95% but that is pretty much the only issue that I have encountered with it. I had considered buying a Battery only charger but I wanted to get another battery as a backup. I am very pleased with the battery dock, fits both size batteries and works great.[/h]

3. Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got my bionic at Costco and it came with that same charger. Mail in rebate so I haven't gotten it yet so I can't review though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

4. don_droid

don_droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also use the Moto 89508N battery dock, it came with the Costco deal. It works well with my standard batteries. Plus, I can plug the phone into it and charge both batteries at the same time.

Search tags for this page
android battery stand charger
best stand alone car charger for battery
galaxy nexus extended size battery charger battery dock
htc incredible 2 stand alone battery charger

motorola droid incredible battery charger

stand alone battery charger for droid
where to buy stand alone phone chargers