Are there any docks that plug directly into car adapter?

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Like a mount that plugs into the cigarette lighter and charges your phone as it uses Car Mode (GPS, voice dialing, voice searching, etc). I can find windshield mounts and display consoles for desks (aka inside use, using a wall plug), but nothing that combines the two!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for it to mount to the cigarette lighter or to just pull power from it? For the latter, ProClip definitely makes such docks. I'm sure others do as well.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think he's looking for a mount and charger all in one, like they have for PDAs...

I havent seen one for any of the Droid phones.

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Like a mount that plugs into the cigarette lighter and charges your phone as it uses Car Mode (GPS, voice dialing, voice searching, etc). I can find windshield mounts and display consoles for desks (aka inside use, using a wall plug), but nothing that combines the two!

Bracketron makes one. I saw it at Radio Shack on Sunday. I do not think it puts the unit in car dock mode, but somewhere on the board there are instructions for using a magnet on your car mount to do this yourself.

I wanted the one that mounted on the vent, but did consider that one.

mcsinfl

Reaction score

Came in last night. Seems like a quality piece. Surfaces that touch the phone are covered in neoprene, the clamping mechanism works well as well as the transmitter (I have a basic stock radio in car). Extra neoprene is provided. The dock has a side usb port for charging. I'm not sure I like the flexible mount though. It's longer than I really wanted, and as good of a job as the company did to make it a solid piece that stays in place, it's still a lot of weight hanging, and I don't think it's going to stay in place very well. I'm going to have to rethink this. Maybe shortening the flex will make a difference?