Are the Droid Pro and Droid World Edition one in the same?

J

JohnDroid

droidworld-droidpro.jpg

Engadget is claiming to have some exclusive news tip that the forthcoming Droid Pro is the same phone as the rumored Droid World Edition sporting GSM support.

Not wanting to take a 'full stance' on the rumor however, they do add in the tidbit that Verizon 'has a tendency to fiddle with branding right up until the last minute' so if the claim doesn't turn out to be true they have something to point to.

My personal guess is that we will see a completely separate phone for the Droid Pro and the Droid World Edition.

Hop on over to the jump for the full article and let us know your thoughts in this thread.

Exclusive: Droid Pro is the global version of the Droid 2, LG enV Touch 2 will be Android-powered -- Engadget

OP
W

warp

So much speculation, so many phones...I think Motorola should cut back on producing so many devices and just improve with the ones they currently have. That's something I like about Apple.

mendy817

Reaction score
So much speculation, so many phones...I think Motorola should cut back on producing so many devices and just improve with the ones they currently have. That's something I like about Apple.

when apple "improves their current phones" they're really just improving the OS since they obviously can't do anything to the phones that people already have in their possession. since moto doesn't have anything to do with the OS (up for argument obviously, but for the most part that's in google's court), they have nothing to do but keep working on new hardware.

OP
W

warp

when apple "improves their current phones" they're really just improving the OS since they obviously can't do anything to the phones that people already have in their possession. since moto doesn't have anything to do with the OS (up for argument obviously, but for the most part that's in google's court), they have nothing to do but keep working on new hardware.

That's what I meant to say (the OS) but I can't edit posts on here for some reason. So this can be a good and bad thing but bad now in the sense that it creates fragmentation.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My personal guess is that we will see a completely separate phone for the Droid Pro and the Droid World Edition.
My guess is with yours, Droid Pro just sounds too nice to be a D2 with World Capabilities

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
That goes against the VZW roadmap that was leaked yesterday. Droid Pro is supposed to have a 4" screen.