Are the Droid commercials offensive?

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
LOL Oh my gosh--I've seen that at least a dozen times and didn't think about it having "sexist" overtones until I just read your post, CK. LOL I mean, seriously, don't people have more important things to do other than get upset (or have the time) about a commercial?... My gosh, what times we live in...

- Mega

EDIT:
I'm a dude, and my wife sometimes calls me sexist--even though she agrees with me 90% of the time. So basically I'm your typical average American male who's a MAN and not ashamed for being so. My gosh--what's this world going to be like in 10 years if we continue on the same path of this political correctness and sensitivity B.S.?

Last edited:

Anomander

Reaction score
I didn't think it was that bad of a commercial. I especially liked the banana and circular saw part.:icon_ banana:

darreno1

Reaction score
All I saw in that blog was a bunch of upset Apple fanboys/girls. There were a couple of really good comments though. The one person that talked about the fact they never mentioned the iPhone but everyone 'knew' what they're going after was pretty dead on.

Like them or not the commercials are clever and do hit a nerve. I hope they continue with the onslaught and don't hold back.

Last edited:

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me....

People need to get a hobby. I mean seriously......

Anomander

Reaction score
All I saw in that blog was a bunch of upset Apple fanboys/girls. There were a couple of really good comments though. The one person that talked about the fact they never mentioned the iPhone but everyone 'knew' what they're going after was pretty dead on.

Like them or not the commercials are clever and do hit a nerve. I hope they continue with the onslaught and don't hold back.
I read through the comments on that page and it sure seemed like they were all bunch of upset Apple fanboys/girls.

bbcrackman

Reaction score
I am actually amazed that someone could imply that this had any such innuendos. It is just the result of some individuals that have nothing better to do than to scream FOUL and raise hell just to make a buck. When did we as a nation become so over sensitive to advertising. There is nothing implied in this add. Just a statement that the Droid is designed to handle the toughest of envrioments. True or not the bleeding hearts need to really shut the hell up.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a commercial... they're all out of hand... it's the way of the world... why are these causing any more hysteria than the rest? Bud light and Captain Morgan commercials aren't sexist?

djstar2k2

Reaction score
i was on android community forum last week and a WOMAN said she loves that commercial so much she packed up like me and left tmo and the loved G1 for the droid. i feel the commercials they re hot and not sexist just blunt. plus all the pretty stuff will be availible soon enuff

Geofferson

Reaction score
Some people are running out of things to complain about. I like the latest commercial. :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As others have stated, it seems she has a personal vendetta against the phone. While SHE herself my have found it offensive, what gives her the right to speak for all women? Just because she has an article she writes in? You can make a commercial about anything and someone, somewhere is going to have an issue with it.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I couldn't resist trying to ruffle her fluff some more...

iiimegamaniii
moderator.png
1 minute ago
Oh my gosh--grow a pair!

It's a commercial, and if I pointed-out every single male-bashing advertisement / sitcom / show / book / etc. I've seen in the last 30 years I'd have you trumped in spades. Stop this "PC" and overly-sensitive B.S. mentality and see it for what it is--a commercial which pokes fun at the iPhone without mentioning it by name. It's called creative marketing and if you could see through this dark cloak you're wearing you might actually get a chuckle out of it too. Sheesh...

- Mega