Are some HDMI cables better than others?

New Daddy

Reaction score
I'm looking an HDMI cable for my Droid. Verizon Wireless brick shop has them for $19.95, and ebay for as low as $3.99.
Are they that much different?

rherron

Reaction score
No. They're digital. They work or they don't. Nothing in between.

Amazon Basics from Amazon.com are cheap. Media Bridge is also cheap at Amazon. I have both brands. Both are well made.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

zirkdog

Reaction score
Go amazon. I got the moto cable for under $10. Do some searching and you can find some deals.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

alex94kumar

Reaction score
Amazon.com: HDMI A Male to HDMI D Male Cable 1.4v 34 AWG 5 - Micro to HDMI: Cell Phones & Accessoriesheres one for a penny

chefdexter

Reaction score
monoprice.com has ridiculously good deals on hdmi (though that amazon price is ridiculously low), i've never looked for one to hook up to the mini on my phone, but everything on my entertainment system is hooked up with cables from monoprice. BUT, there is a difference when it comes to cables. i'm sure what you're mostly wondering is if there is a difference in the one you will pay an arm and a leg for as opposed to the one you'll pay less than $5... that answer is NO. go cheaper, but do research based on what you're doing with it. there are different versions of hdmi, and buzzwords like "deep color", "x.y color", and different resolution rates. there's a really good CNET article on it ... CNET Quick Guide: HDMI and HDMI cables - CNET Reviews

bottom line, don't pay a ton, and if you're planning on doing something ridiculous, it may be important to do the research on what cable you're buying. if you're just doing basic stuff, i just wasted a few minutes of my time haha... but there is a difference. i hope that i helped in some way.