Are people checking to see if they are getting random reboots?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by MrDonBonJovi, Jun 20, 2010.

1. MrDonBonJovi

MrDonBonJovi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just curious that it seems a bunch of people are reporting no random reboots while others, like me, are seeing them several times a day.

For those of you that are not experiencing random reboots are you POSITIVE that you aren't? By that I mean do you check system up time and recent apps to see if they have reset.

I have deleted the shutdown script so I know that is not the problem. Sometimes I will just look at my phone on the table and its rebooting... I have tried p3, chevy and stock kernels.

Sorry for the 100th thread on this topic, but I think this question should be asked to see how widespread this issue is.

2. hett

hett Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I was getting random shut downs, not reboots. I'd hit power and the lockscreen would be visible for a sec before the screen would go black, but the buttons would stay lit. I'd have to manually reboot.

I flashed Chevy's LV 7x 1GHz kernel and am currently evaluating it to see if it's fixed it.

3. krnboixshawn

krnboixshawn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im pretty sure that i had it once but not sure cause i pulled it out of my pocket and it was rebooting. Happened once and thats about it

4. ckevinwelch

ckevinwelch Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wiped yesterday and installed 0.2, reinstalled apps and data and upgraded to 0.2.1 (I think I had some oddities due to installing and reinstalling several Team Chaos themes). Just checked my uptime, and it is at 27 hours and change, which would be just about the time I finished setting it up yesterday. It was in my back pocket quite a bit this morning, and front pocket a lot this afternoon.

5. razorseal

razorseal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can KIND of live with the reboots, but everytime the damn thing restarts i have to redo my launcher and widgets and all is getting annnoooyyyingggg

I'm really sad but I'm gonna have to revert to SS 4.1 I think until he fixes these... I mean I had like 4 restarts today and each one I lost my launcher settings, and had to redo it

#5 razorseal, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  6. ocdrummer2011

ocdrummer2011 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had any problems with reboots or shutdowns. I came from BB 2.1 (V 1.1) I used Clockwork Mod.. I wiped data and cache 3 times. I went to my "partitions menu" and also wiped
    format
    system
    data
    cache

three times.... I'm using stock kernal, and nextheme.

7. bill12690

bill12690 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a few reboots, but to me, nothing to complain about. what has been getting on my nerves is sometime's my phone will just freeze, completely...and i'll have to do a battery pull

8. dmartins

dmartins Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the stock 2.2 FRF57 leak installed with no reboots or freezing.
    I had P3 LV kernel since the 6th with no problems.(Max 550MHz Min 250MHz then changed to 125MHz)
    Yesterday I installed Chevy's ULV kernel.(Max 550MHz Min 250MHz)
    Sleep/Standby is at 400MHz Max.
    My up time is 1d 5h 30m and at 40% battery life left.

9. Explosivpotato

Ratings:
    +0
    Current uptime is 82 hours and change. Noticed one reboot right after deleting the shutdown file, but none since then.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. navenedrob

navenedrob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I'm almost positive that the cause of the reboots is because of home screen widgets. I'm using Bugless Beast 0.2 with a p3 standard voltage kernel (250-1G incremental). It seems froyo or BB installs apps to my SD card by default...this is great except for the fact that it seems to cause chaos when you use those apps widgets on your home screen. I think this has to do with the fact that the apps are on the SD card to begin with. If you want widgets to work on your home screen they have to be on your phone, not your SD card, or they will practically disappear.

Could try a few things based on my speculation, if you want:

Remove widgets from your home screen used by apps on your SD card
    Move apps from SD card back to phone

Honestly I'm not sure if I'm right or not, but it seems that since I've done this I haven't had any random reboots...and before I was having a lot of them.

11. hett

hett Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Apps2sd is causing lots of problems, yes. It was a poor judgment call on Pete's behalf to have it enabled by default.

To disable it, use adb to pull /system/etc/install-recovery.sh and open it in notepad. The very last character in the file should be a 2, change this to a 0 and push back to /system/etc.

12. navenedrob

navenedrob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips, I may or may not disable it. Honestly, I don't have a problem with it because it's a great feature. It DOES cause more management of my phone, but only when I want to use widgets or something like that.