Are keyboard replacements safe

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Tried out few but how do you know if they are safe as Android generic ally warns when you switch to anything but built in

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I've used several without any problems. A good reference to whether an app is safe or not would be to look at how many people have downloaded it, the reviews, how often do they update it, how long has it been around, etc.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I use two keyboards. One that I downloaded for general browsing, media consumption and the stock keyboard for entering sensitive data while logging into websites.

I switch back and forth because I don't trust the internet anymore and you never can tell who is snooping in on those third party keyboard servers that access data while you type.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look for ones that allow you to turn off any background, or foreground, data sending ability. Swype is easy to turn off in the app itself whereas Swift Key has the same ability only a little more involved to do so. Last time I used SK you had a toggle to request it be turned off, like unsubscribe from an email, but they may have made it as easy as Swype by now. They publicly state the data is only used to help improve the keyboards but you can take that with a grain of salt , like I do, if you wish.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I got a keyboard switched app to fast switch between keyboards but I have found I make the least errors on Google keyboard but it doesn't have feature for top row of numbers like Swiftkey but Swiftkey has the keys to close and I make too many errors with it do you know if Swiftkey has options to change spacing?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk