Are Droid Phones Compatible With Acuras?

pdmike

Reaction score
My primary concern prior to buying a Droid is, will the phone be able to work on my car's hands free link system? I have a 2006, Acura MDX with navigation system.

I was wondering if anyone else has been able to link up their Droid phone to an Acura - preferably, one as close as possible to mine in model and year or if anyone has had problems in this regard.

Acura is not yet done testing the Droid phones, so, as of now, it is not officially known whether any Droid phone will mesh up with an Acura vehicle. At least, that's what the girl on the phone told me when I called the number you are supposed to call to find out about phone compatibility with Acuras.

eliassami5

Reaction score
if it's a blue tooth connection it should work like any other phone. But with car manufacturer you just cant know till you try it.

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
Not all Bluetooth phones will link up or "talk" with the Bluetooth setup in your car. In addition to having Bluetooth to Bluetooth, your phone must also be compatible with the particular car involved. That is why all car manufacturers that provide Bluetooth in their cars, have a location on their Web site where you can go to check the compatibility of your phone with the various models they manufacture.

As I mentioned, Acura has not yet completed testing on the Droid phones, so there is nothing posted on their Web site about the compatibility of Droids with Acuras.

I was wondering if anyone has actually linked up a Droid with an Acura and, if so, what type of Droid was it and what was the year and model of the Acura? Or, conversely, if anyone has tried to link up with an Acura and found that it did not work.

drivinfocused

Reaction score
if you have an acura dealer in your town.. go down test drive one and tell them to buy it you need to check to see if the phone will link up...so if you don't have a droid see if a friend has one and see if it will link up with it........

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
Good idea. I won't have to pretend I'm interested - I have bought three Acuras in a row from the same dealership in the past ten years or so; they love me. I'll bet they would do it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

ronjr123

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Accord. The voice calling works but the contacts don't sync.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Accord. The voice calling works but the contacts don't sync.
There have been quite a few people that missed the notification in the notification bar requesting address book sync upon pairing.

That said, my Nissan Rogue's BT system doesn't sync and, instead, requires that you manually transfer contacts one-by-one though the Droid doesn't seem to be able to do this -- even with the BT Transfer app.

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
2007 TL with a Droid 1, and all works fine.

Thanks. One of my pals has the Droid Incredible and he says it works just fine with his BMW. I had heard that the Incredible, not being made by the same manufacturer as X and 2, did not work well with hands free automobile systems.

Seems to work OK for my bud. But, of course, he doesn't drive an Acura.

droiddollll

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1 & an 2008 Acura MDX (no gps). The bluetooth works great although but I have not found a way to automatically transfer contacts.

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and purchased a Droid Incredible. Yesterday, I successfully paired the phone to the hands free link system in my 2006 Acura MDX. No problem. Took less than 5 minutes to do it and everything works like a charm.