Are Droid 1's still worth buying

Droidfish

Reaction score
I went from an LG Dar to the Droid1 and it changed my world, lol.

I'll also say that I recently bought a Droid Incredible for my wife and received a second one for free. I used the Incredible for about 3 days before I switched back to my Droid1. Not that the incredible isn't a good phone it's just that it offered no more than a stock droid1 and much less than my rooted droid1.

Droid1 still rocks the house IMO especially because it has the largest android development community behind it and because it still holds it's own against even the newest android devices as well as those from other communities.

The Droid1 has plenty of life left in it.

Buy it, you'll love it.

basedboii

Reaction score
heck yeah its worth it if you root your droid cuz you will be able to have all this different roms that are out there

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've had an upgrade available since the Incredible was released and still haven't used it. That should tell you something : )

Grab one you won't be disappointed.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had an upgrade available since the Incredible was released and still haven't used it. That should tell you something : )

Grab one you won't be disappointed.

Did you get your Droid out of contract CK?

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DEF keeping mine! I love how it can be customized so much, no Blur crap, and no locked Bootloader! Overclocked, my D1 is just as fast, if not faster, than pretty much everything else that's out! $100 is a STEAL!! I'm getting another one from a guy for $50 with a cracked screen just to practice with themes. :droiddance:

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
$100 for a Droid 1?

If you don't buy it, I will. My girlfriend needs a new phone.

I'm very happy with my Droid 1. Playing with my son's Droid X has done nothing to convince me that I need an upgrade.

This. If someone offered me another Droid 1 for $100; i'd buy it without even thinking just to have a spare. I'm of the minority where if my Droid 1 died and they tried to replace it with something newer, to me, it would be a disaster. I wouldn't WANT a Droid 2 based on the flexibility that my Droid 1 gives me.

OP
M

matthelm6

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice I'm loving the d1. Way too much for me to learn.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jrl9851

Reaction score
I would have said yes until the Samsung Fascinate came out. Such an amazing phone and it's only a little over a month old and the customization for it is amazing.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Absolutely pick up a Droid 1! Best phone going, with a combination of cool features AND an unlocked bootloader. Easy to root and enjoy all of the numerous roms and themes. You flat out can't go wrong with the D1. :)

-Mike

bpad10

Reaction score
I have a the original Droid. I am eligible for an upgrade but have no plans to change.

Mike
+1

Haven't seen anything out there that has made me think twice. Love my droid...

The only thing I would wonder about is Gingerbread. If that comes out and the Droid isn't able to handle it, I may have to start looking.....All depends on if the devs can port it over....dancedroid

mjforte

Reaction score
Definitely get the "OG" Droid. I also came from the Dare and I bought my phone off contract back in December and it was the best decision I've ever made. I keep getting offers from Verizon for early upgrade but haven't used it because nothing has me excited enough to switch yet. I'm waiting for next year's phones.