Are ANY themer's Out there starting On durden themes

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by WoZzY, Jul 18, 2010.

1. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    if you are interested the please visit

DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does. & contact camel or pthance & they will give you what you need to get started but just wanted themers to start so when official release comes about we will have themes to choose from

2. mammlouk

mammlouk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Am I the only one out there who doesn't understand people making themes for specific roms? I get having different themes based on specific android release builds (1.6, 2.0.1, 2.1, 2.2, etc.), but I fail to understand publishing update.zip based themes instead of pushing metamorph based themes that can be installed over any ROM of the correct android version.

3. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MM is wonky when it comes to 2.2.

It was almost as bad as 2.1.

It takes no time to throw together a update.zip after you port the framework, so it really isn't that big of a deal.

That being said, I would bet themes start coming in once the ROM is officially released...

4. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IF the ROMers would be consistant with the naming and basic framework structure (at least following the official 2.2 structure) it would be that easy...but they are all different in some way.

It drives me nuts, one ROMer, uses the Froyo "app names" i.e., EmailGoogle, or MusicGoogle..etc, another one uses a few of the Froyo style apk names (always different from the next guy or even with each release), and NONE are currently doing the same way.

I have even see a few recent ROMs, that will have 2 Android Stock keyboard apks in the ROM, one is spelled "LatinIME.apk" and the other LatinIme.apk" since Android is case sensitive you end up with 2 active stock Keyboard apps and both are the same. I saw one that 3 , LatinIME, LatinIme and LatinImeGoogle (the correct Froyo way).

Now add the recent increased-percentage Battery status, some have 5%, some 10&, some still stock at 20%..AND some use exisiting framework images not intended for Battery Status images (jog dial images)...and some add new file names to the framework.

Then add the recent Settings changes where they are incorporating their customs scripts and sections in the Settings Menu (which BTW, is cool)

I can go on and on...but I think you get the point.

The bottom line is it is easy to "adapt" to their current "lose structure" with an Update zip then to have to modify each MM theme, that requires, renaming Directories, File names, and editing XML control files for each "oddity"...with an Update zip you just need to rename one file to do the same thing.