1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Aquapac case - phone operable?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by Gig103, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Gig103

Gig103 New Member

Has anyone here bought the Aquapac case from the store? if so, can someone confirm for me if the screen is usable through the plastic? I was hoping to use it in the pool to listen to Pandora or for ebooks.

Thanks!
  2. tommyz

tommyz Member

I would like to know this also. I want to carry my phone on the beach without fear of Sand and Water killing it.
  3. MotorolaDroid

MotorolaDroid New Member

yeah you can use the phone like normal.
    You do not get cell signal under water though. I tried on my old gzone phone. Haha
  4. Mayhew

Mayhew New Member

I just tested my Droid in an Aquapac I purchased for my Blackberry Curve. Works like a champ. Changing screens and using onscreen keyboard was excellent. I will never forget sporting this around my neck in Cancun. I had many people ask me where I got it. A great conversation starter (for smartphone snobs) and it kept sand and sunscreen off my phone. I don't see any need to actually submerge any device.
  5. otto

otto New Member

with seidio case

hi,
    interested in this for my droid...with past phones (not smartphones) i just used a couple of baggies that sealed on top (you know the plasticy strips that form a seal), but not sure i want to go that root on t he beach or when canoeing (i wouldn't carry it swimming and canoe is primarily lake so no capsizing, but still concerned about sand and wet)...
    can the droid go in this thing with a seidio innocase on it or would i have to take it off...
    thanks
  6. goodwij

goodwij New Member

Just got back from a 55 mile bike ride with the phone and sedio case in the aquapak. I also have the body glove for the droid and it fits in the aquapak too. No fear of getting the phone wet in this case!
    John