AppWidgetpicker.apk and MIUI?

Reaction score
This is one thing that Id love to get working on MIUI as I have a ton of widgets. I tried moving the apk into system/app and installing and rebooting. It always force closes when I try to select a widget.

I feel like I must have to delete the old widget picker or something.

Any ideas?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is one thing that Id love to get working on MIUI as I have a ton of widgets. I tried moving the apk into system/app and installing and rebooting. It always force closes when I try to select a widget.

I feel like I must have to delete the old widget picker or something.

Any ideas?

You shouldn't have to. I use it without any issue. It's priority is set higher then the systems widget selection so that you don't have to remove anything. I would redownload and try again.

Z

ZeroBarrier

So wait, you use the appwidgetpicker app from XDA on MIUI, and how does that work? Because as far as I can tell it wouldn't work. MIUI requires you to drag and drop the widgets from the widget drawer in edit mode, and the picker spawns a pop up window that would prevent you from dragging and dropping. So how is it that you are using both, unless you use it with Launcher Pro or ADW? In which case I'd just say yuck!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using LP. A key launcher for the way I design my screens. Plus, I love the widgets.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Well then, you should specify. Don't want to confuse people into thinking MIUI can use this app in stock form (which is what happens when you don't specify).

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems slightly obvious to me since that would defeat the purpose of the app altogether due the the style of the MIUI launcher but I'll specify next time.

OP
droidaddict101
Reaction score
Yeah Im using LP as well and I'm still having trouble getting it to work, would you mind telling me your exact steps. So far I've tried:

1. Move AppWidgetPicker121.apk to system/app
2. Install from system/app
3. Reboot

2. Reboot

1. Install Appwidgetpicker from sdcard
2. Move to system/app
3. Reboot

What am I missing. When I used the first method it fc's on widget selection. Second method, Nothing changes. Third method, more fc's. Idk what else to try.

EDIT: Out of nowhere it just started working so idk what happened but idc, it's workingdancedroid

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah Im using LP as well and I'm still having trouble getting it to work, would you mind telling me your exact steps. So far I've tried:

2. Install from system/app
3. Reboot

2. Reboot

1. Install Appwidgetpicker from sdcard
2. Move to system/app
3. Reboot

What am I missing. When I used the first method it fc's on widget selection. Second method, Nothing changes. Third method, more fc's. Idk what else to try.

Are you selecting the right permissions?
My steps:
Copy AppWidgetPickere.apk
Go to /system/app
Mount R/W and paste
Long press>permissions
Check the first column and top box of the second column and reboot
*.*._
*._._
*._._
The astrics are the checks.

EDIT: Oh, okay haha. Gotcha. Glad it started working(out of nowhere) haha:)