1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

AppUsage - Free for a limited time

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by smartappers, Oct 6, 2011.

1. smartappers

smartappers New Member

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.smartappers.appusage

[​IMG]

Measures time spent on each app. See which apps to uninstall because you're not using them!
    The most accurate app usage tracker! Accurate to less than a second on Android 1.6 and up.Main features:
    * Free (for now)
    * Shows app usage by time or number of launches.
    * See usage for today, the last week, the last month, or since installing.
    * Click on apps for more information, like first launch, install date, etc.
    * Uses virtually no battery power- only records when you change apps, unlike others which check every x seconds!
    See how much time you're wasting on Angry Birds or Facebook!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.smartappers.appusage
  2. smartappers

smartappers New Member

Quick update:

Added default icon for apps with no icon. 1.3 had this for new users; 1.3.2 fixes it for upgrading users.
  3. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

So this shows background apps run-time as well?
  4. smartappers

smartappers New Member

Hey MissionImprobable, we show time spent while the app is in use, not background/cpu time. From our knowledge, this is the only app that shows this accurately. In the future, we'll hopefully include cpu time ;). Thanks for downloading :)
  5. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

Good so far. The cpu stats would be an excellent addition. Something was absolutely killing my battery yesterday. I'm pretty sure it was NoLock as I had only installed a few apps recently and I'm guessing it was continually telling the lock screen not to activate, but all battery manager says is android process cpu of course so there was no way to know for sure. That would be a great feature to have.
  6. smartappers

smartappers New Member

Yeah, I can see how that would be useful :). We'd like to add, but may be a little hard to do. We're currently working on a few other features, but we'll definitely get around to it. Thanks for the feedback :D
  7. smartappers

smartappers New Member

Update: We released a pro add-on that opts you out of the data screen. Keep in mind that the non-pro version collects NON-IDENTIFIABLE information. In other words, this is more anonymous than using google. But as requested, we released a pro add-on version to suit some customers at a very reasonable price. We are currently working on new features for both versions, but the pro will have some extra add-ons. Thanks for all the replies and email, we take your feedback very seriously.

Link to pro: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.smartappers.appusagepro