Apps2SD

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by AmericanNomads, May 15, 2010.

1. AmericanNomads

AmericanNomads New Member

Sorry guys, I know this will prob piss some people off. I keep trying to look for anything on this. I read somewhere else on this forum that it can only be used with Cyanogen and someone asked if it could be used with BB but no one answer. Im just trying to figure this all out still
  2. kaboyd

kaboyd New Member

I could be wrong, but I believe Cyanogen's Rom is the only one that supports Apps2sd at the moment.
  3. trumpet444

trumpet444 New Member

thats true. BB does not have apps2sd support, yet. Cyanogenmod roms are the only ones, so far. Hopefully the other devs will follow suit eventually because apps2sd is awesome. The apps load slightly slower but you can have many more apps. Especially since those 3d games take up so much freakin space!
  4. trumpet444

trumpet444 New Member

.....and without going into any stupid drama, Blackdroid's UltimateDroid new era roms also support apps2sd. So technically there are two roms that support this
  5. kaboyd

kaboyd New Member

Oh, that didn't cross my mind. Makes sense it would. I highly recommend UD's ROMs and I will be using the New Era he made when icculusX get done with his theme.
  6. ExactDroid

ExactDroid New Member

The apps2sd only works on one rom..... any rom using apps2sd is using the same source in order to do so. there are many rom's out there using apps2sd which are all using the same source for it to work.
  7. kaboyd

kaboyd New Member

OMG no drama my a**. You wouldn't bring that up if you meant no drama. Leave it be. That is NOT what this thread is about.
  8. srroos

srroos New Member

Who wrote the code for Apps2SD support? How complex is it to integrate? I'm surprised nobody has found a way to add it to another ROM...
  9. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

As other have said it only has been implemented by Cyanogen's ROM, some "remixes" of his ROM will obviously have it as well. This feature can be added to any ROM, but most devs try to stay away from it because of the instability and lack of performance it can cause (hence the reason why I am still contemplating it). The problem is that the sdcards that came with our droids are crap, that's why they were "free" Those with better sdcards that have faster read write speeds will not notice too much of a slowdown with this feature. Hope that clears some things up.
  10. evolutioncsr

evolutioncsr New Member

I am running apps2sd on cyanogen 5.0.7 test1 and I don't have any slowness problems running or launching my apps. Even large 20mb app like HomerunBattle 3D. I am also using the SD card that came with my droid.

Just chiming in :)
  11. breakingjessica

breakingjessica New Member

I really hope you do implement it with your next release, Pete. I had no problems with it at all when I was running Cyanogen, and it was great to know I could have pretty much as many apps as I wanted. I know people may have issues with slower loading speeds, but it was negligible to me. I kept the apps I used constantly in internal and the apps that weren't used that often but I still wanted around went to my card. I know I'm just one person, but I'm hoping that the majority had success with Apps2SD as well. I hated giving it up to switch to BB, but damn this ROM is awesome.
  12. y0manda

y0manda New Member

the droid only reads at a certain speed, doesn't matter what class sd card you're using it wont read any faster.