Apps2SD Question on 0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by kzmania, Jul 4, 2010.

1. kzmania

kzmania Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just recently updated to 0.4 from 0.3 since last time I tried 0.4 and it had a lot problem. This time, I just did a lot of wipe and it works. The only problem I have with 0.4 is installing apps. From what I know it is defult to internel. Whenever I use the script helper to external. I am able to move app to sd which you couldn't do when internel is selected. The problem is that when switch to external, I cannot install any app at all. It keeps saying unsuccessful. When I use the auto, I am able to install the app but it won't be able to move to sd. So my question is, does this happen to everyone on 0.4? I didn't have any problem on 0.3 at all. Also, which script do you guys use? I tried pm setInstallLocation 2 but still not work. I can't install any app right now. Help?

2. kzmania

kzmania Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It just seems like the -e or pm SetInstallLocation 2 or external script does not allow me to install the app but only able to move to SD.

3. morgang

morgang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For what it's worth, I've had good luck using Titanium backup to move apps instead of natively through the applications menu.

4. chomorro

chomorro Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have an apps2sd question. WHen the app is moved to the card using the script, will uninstalling the app via system management remove the data put on the sd card as well? Or do you have to remove that manually?

5. wazzelby

wazzelby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ran the script and installed a few apps but I don't see them in my app list, I can't find them anywhere. Am I missing something? Where do I go to open the apps I installed to SD?

6. pntless

pntless New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am now having the same problem as kzmania (the OP). apps2sd had been working fine for me with default settings since BB Froyo 0.2.1 and just started acting up a bit ago.

I am unable to install anything at all when it is set to install to SD (InstallLocation 2 or -e with the apps2sd script). When set to auto or internal, apps install without a problem but I cannot move them afterward. The apps that I have already installed to SD continue to function without any problems as does everything else with my SD card. I have about 7gb free on my SD.

Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: Forgot to note that I did a data/cache wipe and reinstall of BB 0.4 and the problem persisted. I have since restored my previous backup.

7. ladodger1717

ladodger1717 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is happening to me. I just installed the apps in the internal memory then used the script and manually moved them over to the sd card through settings, applications. I am not sure what to do or if this is normal. Also, now when I update apps that are on the sd card, I get install unsuccessful. I am not sure why this happening. Does anyone know what the problem is?

8. Legomaniac

Legomaniac New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having this exact same issue.

Has anyone run across any fixes?

9. kzmania

kzmania Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone? Please help fix this issue :(

10. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a theory, I think it might be all those apps installed on SD card left over from your previous installs. Try deleting the .android_secure folder on your SD card and rebooting your phone, then try installing an app.