Apps wont update?

ryancoleman

Reaction score
For days now I've been getting notifications to update my ebay and titanium backup apps, but after the update downloads it says "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card". Does anybody know what this is all about?

turnpike

Reaction score
it's a issue with the latest update, having same difficulties myself with the update and wiping my apps off my pages every time i connect to my computer...also having conflicts with the move to SD card program...

OP
ryancoleman

ryancoleman

Reaction score
I don't think that is my issue because I haven't updated in months. My phone actually wont let me update. The update will download, but when the update installs and reboots the phone, it says theupdate could not be installed. I read somewhere that removing bloatware can prevent updates, kinda like a punishment for doing it. I always assumed this is why my phone wouldn't accept the update.

OP
ryancoleman

ryancoleman

Reaction score
Also I'm not having the problems described by turnpike. Ebay and titanium backup seem to be the only apps affected in this way. I do seem to be randomly losing digital connectivity, though I didn't think there was a correlation between the two issues.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also I'm not having the problems described by turnpike. Ebay and titanium backup seem to be the only apps affected in this way. I do seem to be randomly losing digital connectivity, though I didn't think there was a correlation between the two issues.

Are you running a custom rom? Quite often this issue is a result of a rom developer putting apps in the rom and they end up in System/App and permissions are set to Read Only.

OP
ryancoleman

ryancoleman

Reaction score
No, I'm runningthe stock rom. Im running go launcher ex, but I don't think the launcher has anything to do with it. I've been using this launcher for four months and this issue is recent. Also, my speaker is hardly loud enough to hear anyone anymore, I keep having to use speakerphone so I can understand them. I don't know of any relation between these seemingly separate problems

turnpike

Reaction score
spoke with 3 different techs at the store and kiosk...new update is scheduled for november due to many different issues

silver6054

Reaction score
spoke with 3 different techs at the store and kiosk...new update is scheduled for november due to many different issues

Let's see! Verizon techs are way down the chain here. Motorola has to fix the issues, Verizon has to test and approve the release, so the chance of the techs really knowing it will be in November sounds small, especially as Matt refused to commit to anything just yesterday.

305rev305

Reaction score
For days now I've been getting notifications to update my ebay and titanium backup apps, but after the update downloads it says "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card". Does anybody know what this is all about?

There's only one way to fix this. You have to plug your phone to a computer. Open what you have in your sd card, open the file called Android Secure, there's a file that has a strange name that is forgot but I do know it has SM1 somewhere in the name.... You need to delete this file. It's a corrupted... Once you delete it you'll be able to update your apps. You have to plug the phone though cause you won't see it with any apps like Astro....

PainProphet

Reaction score
There's only one way to fix this. You have to plug your phone to a computer. Open what you have in your sd card, open the file called Android Secure, there's a file that has a strange name that is forgot but I do know it has SM1 somewhere in the name.... You need to delete this file. It's a corrupted... Once you delete it you'll be able to update your apps. You have to plug the phone though cause you won't see it with any apps like Astro....

Worked for me, thanks! :)