Apps won't install from market...always fail.

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by trebb, Jul 7, 2010.

1. trebb

trebb New Member

My apps update fine, and I restored all of them with titanium backup. However, if I try and install something new, it doesn't work. It downloads, then upon installing, fails. I've done the market fix and the gapps fix multiple times. Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

just wait, been sporadic like that for me over last few days even before installing this rom.
    sometimes swapping to wifi seems to help, sometimes not..
  3. wingdo

wingdo New Member

Try settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all tab -> market -> clear cache (and possibly clear data if cache doesn't help)
  4. trebb

trebb New Member

I tried both of those. Neither helped. My market force closes a lot and everything fails upon installation. FML :(
  5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

What are you running? I would do a factory reset and reinstall.....
  6. wingdo

wingdo New Member

That would be my suggestion as well. I have had the market FC once on me since moving to 0.7.0, but other than that my build has been spot on perfect.

My 70 build is sitting directly on top of a 62 build installed from scratch after full wipes. I could see where problems would arise if several ROMs have been tried w/o a wipe.
  7. trebb

trebb New Member

I had wiped prior to installing 0.7.0, but I just wiped and reinstalled everything fresh again. It seems to be working this time. I think it had to do with my theme...I was using the Blue Energy theme. I'm using the blue smoked glass one now.
  8. trebb

trebb New Member

Okay, it's not working again. This is what I did:

-Wiped data/cahe 3x
    -Installed Sapphire 0.7.0
    -Turned on, signed into google, let contacts sync
    -Downloaded titanium backup
    -reboot into recovery, installed a new kernel/did market fix/did gapps fix
    -booted up
    -installed theme (smoked glass, no font)
    -restored my apps with backup.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG. WTF. WHY DID IT WORK AND NOW IS IT NOT WORKING. AHHh
  9. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

maybe doing the market fix before verifying you needed to?
  10. trebb

trebb New Member

I rewiped everything again and did ANOTHER fresh install. This time, I didn't do the market fix at all. All I applied was the gapps fix. Even before I applied this fix, the market was FCing. I can still install things, but it FCs all the time. I don't know what else to try honestly.
  11. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

I would flash a backup that the market was working and see if it works now. If it does try it once more, if you are downloading from Rom Manager then DL directly from the link posted in this forum.

Also try the IRC channel for support.
  12. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I'm having the same FC issues and have tried everything listed in this thread short of trying another backup or loading from recovery.

I came from Jrummy's Kangerade 1.1 (in which the market was fine) with a data/cache wipe before install through RM. I installed the Smoked Glass theme option as well via RM at the same time.

Hoping there is a "fix" rather than complete reinstall. I just finally got it setup how I want it. :-/
  13. DroidFan88

DroidFan88 New Member

I had been having problems with the market on almost every Froyo rom I tried. The Team Chaos ROM worked for a little while then wouldn't install anything after a little while and I've never been able to get it to work since even after wiping many times and re-installing.

I didn't have any luck with the first sapphire release 0.6.0 but 0.7.0 looked like it had some great new features so I gave it a go. Right out of the gate, it was fast, the market itself was slow, which I think is a market issue, not any of the ROMS, and things were installing without a hitch. I was happy as a clam that the issues I had been having seemed to go away, then, all of a sudden, one of my downloads got "stuck" and I wasn't able to install any more apps. I went to my backup, which was working when I did it, and that wouldn't work either. I did a total wipe 3x and re-installed, still wouldn't work. Tried Team Chaos again, same results. Went to BB 0.4, Kangerade 1.1, same issues. Wiped and went back to a 2.1 backup and all is good again.
    I wish I could figure out what is causing this issue that keeps rearing it's ugly head. Judging from what I've read, it appears that many of you have had similar instances. Did anyone find out what was going wrong and come up with a fix? Must be something.
  14. vbhokiefan

Something I forgot to mention, I get a market FC EVERY time I connect to a PC and turn on USB storage.......
  15. trebb

trebb New Member

I never used ROM Manager to install Sapphire. All straight from the computer, then used Clockwork.
  16. psychotic_penguin

psychotic_penguin Premium Member Premium Member

Had the same issue, trolled the forums and no one ever had an answer. I searched a bit more and found out some apps will try and install direct to your SD Card.

So I removed my card and everything installed just fine to internal memory, replace the card and move the apps to the card, worked for me.
  17. trebb

trebb New Member

I'll give it a try, but having to take off my case and then remove my memory card to install an app is not worth it.

Yeah ,that didn't work.

When I did this latest flash, I could install apps but then the market would constantly FC. Now I can't even install them. I get unsuccessful again. :(
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  18. psychotic_penguin

psychotic_penguin Premium Member Premium Member

Bummer man I thought I was gonna be the savior on that one.
  19. vbhokiefan

that's what happens to me - FC at the end of the install, but install is fine.

the odd thing, as I mentioned earlier, is that market FCs whenever I connect to the PC and turn on USB storage......
  20. trebb

trebb New Member

I think I'm going to go back to CM 5.8 or whatever. 2.2 is just causing way too many issues for me..constant redraws from LP in any ROM, now this market issue..

I was with my friend today who had a stock 2.1 Droid running Launcher Pro and her phone was just as fast, if not smoother than mine, with sapphire .7 @ 1.2GHz.

Edit: Alright, I gave it one more go because I didn't wanna leave froyo. I somehow got it to work for the time being...making a nandroid backup called "perfect" haha. Gonna mess with themes and kernels later. Hopefully they don't do much.

Edit #2: After a restart, it stopped working. I think it has to do with whatever is restoring in titanium backup. It worked fine before that, and right after, but after a reboot it stops.

EDIT #3: I tried again, but this time I did one thing differently. When my market worked on the previous edit, I downloaded MyBackupPro from the market and backed up my apps. On this install, I used that to restore my apps/date. All is well!!!!
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
Search tags for this page
android app failed to install
android app fails to install
android app won't install
android apps won't install

android apps wont install

android wont install apps
apps fail to install on android
apps wont install android

apps wont install on android

apps wont install on my android