Apps will not update.

galaxyhunter

Reaction score
I was told at the Verizon store not to. They said it cause problems. I know some apps update and some don't. Funny thing is they used to update just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

phoenix415

Reaction score
Clear market history, I think there are a few free apps on the market that do it... I don't know the directory it saves it to off hand so that's the easiest way. If I'm not mistaken I don't think it saves to data/data which is why clearing app data didn't fix it.

Doing that should stop your download congestion problems.

Also simple fixes like turning autosync off and toggeling airplane mode on and off to force your device to re-establish its connection with the network.

{{ WugFresh }}

I'll give it a shot, thanks for the advice--I'll let you know if it works

I tired a couple cache cleaners, the first kept force closing but the second aCCleaner (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to quote the actual app, I apologize in advance if it's against the forum rules) and it seemed to help a bit. I had to mess around a bit, but it definitely made it a little easier than the normal procedures I had to go through. Thanks!

galaxyhunter

Reaction score
I found a solution to this problem, it works for me and I hope it will work for you,

1. Unmount your SD card (menu, settings, sd card and storage, click on "unmount SD card"
2. Once this is completed and it shows to be unmounted, download and install Angry Birds or whatever app is vexing you.
3. After all the installation stuff is done, remount you SD card using the reverse method in 1.

My wife has the identical Droid X that I have and her's works just fine. :wacko:Anyway, try this and post your results here. Good Luck to All

Long Live The Empire!!

ymihere

Reaction score
market malfunction

yeah ill try that but I have another problem with the market now, it won't even open if any has the same problem a reply would be nice. For now I am using app brain