Apps & updates download, but won't install?

farawaydeb

Reaction score
"Unable to install to USB storage or SD card"

This includes the Nook for Android

I have plenty of room on both USB and SD, so I don't understand why some of these will download but not install. Any ideas?

Thanks.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
"Unable to install to USB storage or SD card"

This includes the Nook for Android

I have plenty of room on both USB and SD, so I don't understand why some of these will download but not install. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Question: When you say "but not install" do you mean the app will not run at all? Keep in mind, some apps cannot be moved or run from your SD card. They have to stay resident in the internal phone memory for them to run. That's not to say that they can't use the SD card to store data, files or create a cache.

OP
F

farawaydeb

Reaction score
I get an error message, an orange triangle, that says "unable to install to USB or storage card" after I download it.

The apps or updates appear to download okay, but when I click on "install" I get that error message. I've had the Nook for quite a while, and have downloaded (and installed) updates a few times, so I don't understand why it's not working now.

An original app that is just being updated (Nook) still works, but I don't think that it has whatever the update was. A new app doesn't appear in my list of apps.

boodafli

Reaction score
go in to your menu->settings->applications->manage applications, and make sure the ones you're referring to are on the internal phone memory. if they are, it'll say 'move to SD card'. if not, it'll say 'move to phone'. if they're on the phone, try moving them to the SD card, and if they're on the card, move them to the phone, and then run the install again, see if that works.

OP
F

farawaydeb

Reaction score
The new ones don't appear under "manage applications"

I get the little green arrow moving downward in the notifications bar, saying it's downloaded. Then it says it's going to install, but then I get that orange triangle & error message.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
The new ones don't appear under "manage applications"

I get the little green arrow moving downward in the notifications bar, saying it's downloaded. Then it says it's going to install, but then I get that orange triangle & error message.
Under Menu>Settings>Applications, do you have Unknown sources checked.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Where are these being downloaded from?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am at work right now I will give this a shot when I get home.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Forgot to advise that this program downloaded, installed, and run fine on my Pro running GB.