Apps to SD

rafiki1

Reaction score
I installed new rom and partitions were still there but had to install all apps back and move to partition. Pretty much what you said. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use Titanium Backup to batch move ALL my apps to my SD, then I use another batch process on TB again to move the ones I need on my phone back to my phone (like widgets and certain apps).

Genasus

Reaction score
Tried, and failed.

Hi,

I have a Droud X2, and am loving it. I synced my mail, callander and music, and tried to dl a ringtone and it said i was out of internal memory. Your solution seams like the best, but when i tried it, it didnt work. On a 16G card, i created a 500MB Primary partition, but link2sd says that there is not one there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Genasus dancedroid

OP
DROOIID

DROOIID

Reaction score
I use Titanium Backup to batch move ALL my apps to my SD, then I use another batch process on TB again to move the ones I need on my phone back to my phone (like widgets and certain apps).

To do this do you need the paid version.

Reaction score

icculusX,

Thanks for the heads up about this feature in TiBu. I’ve had TiBu ever since I rooted – long before being on Miui. I bought the Pro version so I’d have all the premium features and updates, and up until now I’ve only used it for scheduled batch back up ups, but never used it to restore.

I just used it to batch move the apps that work from the SD over. It worked fine and freed up about 69MB of internal memory!

This latest build seemed to be a real memory hog. It’s the first Gingerbread build where not being able to easily move apps to SD became a real problem. It was getting so bad that I couldn’t even update my apps because of low memory. The phone was beginning to slow down, even while using Chevy’s 1.0Ghz-lowV kernel, which is high as I could go and still run cool.

Now the snap is back and it's super-quick, updates and all. It’s pretty amazing. I always knew that investing in TiBu Pro would pay off, just didn’t know it’d be now.

Reaction score
I really appreciate Kamisan posting the process he used. I’m very busy these days and only have so much time to dedicate to Droiding. I hope this TiBu move continues to work so I don’t have to do the partition process anytime soon. I want to learn how to do it – have already copied and pasted the how to notes in Word and saved it on my computer – but I can’t make the time now unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your wisdom in the realm of Droid and Android.

megraven21

Reaction score
I just tried to move my larger apps to SD and when i went into App Manager and opened Angry Birds (for example) I don't see the option to move an app to "internal storage" or "move to phone" or any other option. This is my first Samsung device (always had Motorola) so maybe its done differently? I would think it has more to do with the OS than Samsung vs Motorola but I don't want to assume. I heard a rumor that Samsung did something strange with the apps to SD option but since the phone has an SD card slot, I have assume its usable.

Anyone know?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Not 100% sure, I know on my phone they don't allow you to move the apps. Have you tried an app like app2sd?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Moving apps to the SD card is no longer a stock option on Android. This started on ICS for some devices, and is true for pretty much all devices on Jelly Bean. If you want to move any apps to the SD card, there's a process that can be done after you've rooted your phone.

rabernet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note Edge
It's not a phone issue, it's an Android issue. I use my SD card now for music, videos, podcasts and picture storage and let the apps stay in internal memory (because I really prefer not to root at this time). It's a great motivator for me to "clean house" of apps that I really don't use or need.

Last edited: