Apps to SD card Q's

RoNYC

Reaction score
I have a D1 and did the manual 2.2 update and have a couple of questions ragarding the apps to sd card function. Does it eliminate the market connection/ability to update apps? Do apps on the sd card loose funtionality? I just want a clear explanation what this function does. Please excuse my ignorance.
Thanks

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I have a D1 and did the manual 2.2 update and have a couple of questions ragarding the apps to sd card function. Does it eliminate the market connection/ability to update apps? Do apps on the sd card loose funtionality? I just want a clear explanation what this function does. Please excuse my ignorance.
Thanks

I am going to try and answer some of your question.

You will not loose the function to update apps with apps2sd. They will still respond the same. Any apps that have widgets that you use would not be suited to be moved to your SD card because the widgets may disappear. I have been running this for a few months and i have to say that the more apps you have on your SD card, the slower your initial start up of your phone. However, after that it is pretty smooth for me and i have about 90 apps with at least 75 moved to my SD card.

OP
RoNYC

RoNYC

Reaction score
THANK YOU! That certainly clear things up for me.

Derekweb

Reaction score
when you move the app to the SD card using the "move to SD card" button. do you need to clean up the phone memory or is that done by the move?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
when you move the app to the SD card using the "move to SD card" button. do you need to clean up the phone memory or is that done by the move?

All you can really do in regards to any application is clean the cache. Unless there is a set of commands you can use with Terminal Emulator I doubt you can do anything about any "junk" that might be left over after you move an app. I'm not even sure there is anything left over.

mikegam

Reaction score
I aM running 2.2 and I don't see where I have the option of moving any of my apps to my sd card, am I doing something wrong or do I need to change anything?

harrellj

Reaction score
I aM running 2.2 and I don't see where I have the option of moving any of my apps to my sd card, am I doing something wrong or do I need to change anything?

If you go to settings > applications > manage applications > all, find the app you want to move and when you click on it, there should be a button of "move to sd card". This is dependent on whether the app supports it and of course, widgets shouldn't be moved.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JimmyD

Reaction score
.....and of course, widgets shouldn't be moved.....

I just have to chime in to say I have moved a few widgets to my SD card and I DO NOT have any problems with them running.

For some reason, people think that it's inappropriate to move widget apps to the SD card!? Maybe when the Apps to SD feature came out, there was a case that popped up on the forums where someone had an issue with a widget that they moved to SD? I dunno.... all that means is that particular dev did a poor job with programming.

Again, you CAN move widgets to the SD card, as long as this feature has been added to the widget by the dev.