Apps to allow more apps per screen?

Steveindajeep

Reaction score
Iphone has an app called springboard that allows 5 applications per row per screen. Does android have one like this? Just seems like a lot of wasted space between apps.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There's an app called "More Icons" that allows you to put up to 64 apps on one screen ;) the icons are really small but its no different to me than hitting a letter on the keyboard. it took time to adjust but now i can't go without it :D

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the More Icons widgets are nice. You can put 3 icons into the space of 1 or 7 into the space of 2 or 15 into the space of 4. I thought it would be hard to press on them since they are so much smaller but I've had no problems. :)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just installed the More Icons App (free version) and even though it's pretty simple, honestly I'm torn on whether I like the clutter. I like the clean look of the spaced out larger icons. So for me, I'll be trying to decide if I want to go with form over function or the other way around.

gatewayad

Reaction score
Just installed the More Icons App (free version) and even though it's pretty simple, honestly I'm torn on whether I like the clutter. I like the clean look of the spaced out larger icons. So for me, I'll be trying to decide if I want to go with form over function or the other way around.

Agreed, just tried the free version, wanted to put a few of the Beautiful Weather widgets in one slot (Vibrate, Airplane and Silent) wouldnt let me... Deleted
I did try having 4 contacts in one and it did look cluttered.

OP
Steveindajeep

Steveindajeep

Reaction score
Sorry if this was brought up before. I should have asked if there were any other apps that do this (my bad, I was in a hurry). I already looked at More Icons and didnt like it. The icons just get to small for me. Id like to just see a simple 5x5 icon arrangement instead of the 4x4 which seems so wasteful. Does the paid for version of More Apps let you do this? Are there any others that would give a simple 5x5?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, the paid version won't do that, I'm not aware of one that will. If you can deal with LOTS of configuring, it can be done with Sweeter Home I think. I don't know how to do it though lol

Lynx

Reaction score

Agreed, just tried the free version, wanted to put a few of the Beautiful Weather widgets in one slot (Vibrate, Airplane and Silent) wouldnt let me... Deleted
I did try having 4 contacts in one and it did look cluttered.

Why would you try to use widgets in an app that was designed for icons??

kiwiguy

Reaction score
What I do with More Icons is to leave every second slot empty - and then have the second row alternate.

I think this both looks nice and makes it very easy to click on the correct icon. Admittedly, you only get 8 icons rather than 16 in a row - but that is enough for me.

The top row, for example, is the 8 x 2 More Icons widget.

attachment.php

Last edited:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty nice kiwi, how did you get rid of the little config 'gear' icon?

kiwiguy

Reaction score
Yes - that is the paid version which has more options than the free one.

jasonb

Reaction score
What I do with More Icons is to leave every second slot empty - and then have the second row alternate.

I think this both looks nice and makes it very easy to click on the correct icon. Admittedly, you only get 8 icons rather than 16 in a row - but that is enough for me.

The top row, for example, is the 8 x 2 More Icons widget.

attachment.php

This is what I did as well. I have 2 rows going across all 3 of my stock home screens, and I have every other space blank. Looks really nice and the spacing males it easy to select the right icon. More icons also has its own set of toggles, I only use the wifi toggle but it also works flawlessly. Highly recommended.

jasonb

Reaction score
just got a new laptopn and put the android sdk on so i could take screenshots.

here they are:

moto-droidmiddlescreencapture.png

moto-droidleftscreencapture.png

moto-droidrightscreencapture.png