Apps That Frequently Update

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else feel uncomfortable about this? I have a couple of apps that seem to update nearly every other day. I keep thinking, "What's with the developer, they can't get it right?"

Two that come to mind is handcent and twidroid. I dumped handcent this morning and I'm keeping twidroid because I can't find a better twitter app. It still bugs me though.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand that. But why update every other day? I mean get it right the third or fourth time.

Hey I'm all for bug free software, but obviously if they update this often then something is wrong with what they are releasing.

amb4582

Reaction score
While I do understand that constant updates can be quite annoying, I would much rather have constant updates then no updates at all. Call me weird, but I actually get a little bit excited when I see one of my apps has an update available. By no means do I feel "uncomfortable" with new features and improvements to applications on my phone. If the result is a better product then before, then I am all for it!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try out Seesmic for Twitter. I hardly ever use Twitter so it may not have what you need, but it works fine for me.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
While I do understand that constant updates can be quite annoying, I would much rather have constant updates then no updates at all. Call me weird, but I actually get a little bit excited when I see one of my apps has an update available. By no means do I feel "uncomfortable" with new features and improvements to applications on my phone. If the result is a better product then before, then I am all for it!

+1...Especially if it's FREE!

I thought for sure this post was going to be something like "How can I have my apps update automatically?"

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try out Seesmic for Twitter. I hardly ever use Twitter so it may not have what you need, but it works fine for me.

Use twhirl on my mac by Seesmic so I did give it a whirl on Twitter. Didn't float my boat but thanks for the suggestion.

BachinPhx

Reaction score
Updates or not, I wouldn't dump Handcent. It is by far the best texting app out there.

SarahP

Reaction score
once every week or every 2 weeks is fine - every day is not cool!

backlash

Reaction score
I understand that. But why update every other day? I mean get it right the third or fourth time.

Hey I'm all for bug free software, but obviously if they update this often then something is wrong with what they are releasing.
Exacurry. There is no SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).

They are doing it like develop, then release.
It should be gather requirements.
Create tech plan
Create skeleton
develop
TEST
Release

Or at the very least, write unit tests for the code they are writing to ensure that when they fix a "bug" that it doesn't break something else. This is under the assumption that the unit tests are written well....................cuzz you can make them do anything you want and pass under any condition, lolz

Last edited:

Essex

Reaction score
guess you'll complain when 2.1 comes out? we did just update after all :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't care how many updates come out, as long as they 'progress'. :)

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If an update comes out every day, you don't have to install the updates every day. If you only want to update once a week, just do it once a week. Problem solved.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else feel uncomfortable about this? I have a couple of apps that seem to update nearly every other day. I keep thinking, "What's with the developer, they can't get it right?"

Two that come to mind is handcent and twidroid. I dumped handcent this morning and I'm keeping twidroid because I can't find a better twitter app. It still bugs me though.
many app developers for the marketplace aren't immersed in professional development have no idea about project life cycles. most of it is trial and error and you're the guinea pig.

you have the option to ignore application updates. just don't update them. put it in your head to only update those applications once a month, or wait until the comments start rolling in to see if anything changes afterwards.