Apps strictly for rooted users only

cisco0910

Reaction score
I just recently did the Sholes app and as mentioned by rooting you opened yourselves to alot more apps for rooted phones only. I'd like to know some of these and explain what they do. Maybe your favorites. For example the SetCpu app is for root users only... thanks

jasonb

Reaction score
there is a wifi tether app you can use if your rooted. it's not on the market though.

there is an app that lets you take screenshots of the phone. it's called drocap2.

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
there is a wifi tether app you can use if your rooted. it's not on the market though.

there is an app that lets you take screenshots of the phone. it's called drocap2.
hmmm, thanks jason. I did the Sholes $5 root app and it came with the wifi tether but i'm sure that'd come handy for users who didn't use the Sholes. Also heard that the pdanet app for wifi tethering is available for nonrooters. Think it's free for first 30 days the it's $30 after..

Also i got a screen shot app called "shootme" as i believe it's for nonrooters as well.:)

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
A Master Droid(s) should know the value of search:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/7881-aplication-list-rooted-only.html

OP, where in Va. Beach are you? I grew up in South Norfolk and still know a bunch of people that live there.
lol on the master droid search comment. true that, it's 219am and i just got home from the bar and half way drunk and sleepy...thanks for the link though! Definitly gonna check it out..

In Va. Beach i'm in the Green Run area. about 10 miles from the oceanfront..