1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Apps strictly for rooted users only

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by cisco0910, Feb 5, 2010.

1. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

I just recently did the Sholes app and as mentioned by rooting you opened yourselves to alot more apps for rooted phones only. I'd like to know some of these and explain what they do. Maybe your favorites. For example the SetCpu app is for root users only... thanks
  2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

there is a wifi tether app you can use if your rooted. it's not on the market though.

there is an app that lets you take screenshots of the phone. it's called drocap2.
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

4. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

hmmm, thanks jason. I did the Sholes $5 root app and it came with the wifi tether but i'm sure that'd come handy for users who didn't use the Sholes. Also heard that the pdanet app for wifi tethering is available for nonrooters. Think it's free for first 30 days the it's $30 after..

Also i got a screen shot app called "shootme" as i believe it's for nonrooters as well.:)
  5. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

lol on the master droid search comment. true that, it's 219am and i just got home from the bar and half way drunk and sleepy...thanks for the link though! Definitly gonna check it out..

In Va. Beach i'm in the Green Run area. about 10 miles from the oceanfront..
  6. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Cool, not to far from my old stomping grounds. Is Osullivans still there? Used to be a great pub (but this was 10+ years ago).
Search tags for this page
app for rooted phones

applications strictly for rooted phones