Apps starting when I don't want them to

Toonah

Reaction score
So I have had my droid for a while. I know how to use most of the features pretty well, but am not quite an expert yet. The biggest thing I don't understand, is how I can run advanced task killer and kill all open apps. Put my phone down for like an hour and pick it up, open task killer again and there's a bunch of apps open again. I have not been able figure out how to stop this from happening and having the apps eat up my battery. What do I have to do?! Thanks in advance.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and killing the wrong things will cause you to use more of your battery.

Don't assume that Android works the way your former device did.

Jcook54

Reaction score
I'm new as well and had the same issue. I was obsessed with keeping applications from running when I didn't want them to. However, after reading the article already mentioned I stopped thinking about it and everything's running fine. There is a lot of debate about how the Android OS is different and how memory works with it that I don't understand. It's all way over my head but I can testify that deleting my taskiller app hasn't screwed up my phone at all and now I'm not constantly killing things. In short, I enjoy my phone more that I did.

Jcook54

Reaction score
I always found Corp. calendar and Amazon Mp3 Store listed when I looked at ATK to name a couple. There were some others but I forgot what they were. I found it odd because I never used either application. You can't change them unless your phone it rooted or something like that. (There are more advanced forum member who can explain it, not me.) Like kmo97, I don't worry about them anymore.

blundell

Reaction score
They'll be in there paused state if they aren't visible on your screen. Therefore using minimal / 0.01% battery.

running task killer to monitor them probably uses more!!

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I just use TasKiller to auto kill apps that consume a lot of memory. This mostly consists of games and apps like the browser and maps. It seems like the only app I have that auto kills itself when you exit is Table Tennis 3D lol.