Apps safe to remove

samj732

Reaction score
Has anyone frozen 'social location'? I want to freeze this app as it's chewing up my battery even tho my phone says its not running. This is also the only reason I want to root my phone. I've never done it before.

OP
jtsativa420

jtsativa420

Reaction score
I have along with a list of other social apps, but only just recently. I have not experienced any adverse effects.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

brkshr

Reaction score
Has anyone frozen 'social location'? I want to freeze this app as it's chewing up my battery even tho my phone says its not running. This is also the only reason I want to root my phone. I've never done it before.

Your location trigger for smart actions won't work anymore. Other than that, it won't mess with anything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

samj732

Reaction score
I don't use any location triggers. I should be good then. This app is giving me nightmares... using up to 30% battery for nothing.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Any idea if there would be an issue if I froze text messaging (and used a 3rd party texting app)?

I delete text messaging on every phone and use handcent and never have an issue with receiving texts or pictures

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

OP
jtsativa420

jtsativa420

Reaction score
I delete text messaging on every phone and use handcent and never have an issue with receiving texts or pictures

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

I just tried freezing it again to make sure.Like I stayed it prevented me from receiving a picture message through handcent. I sent two from my secondary line. One with just my phone number the other with area code and phone number. Zero pictures received. Feel freer to try for yourselves though. Problem exists with Droid x, bionic and now razr.

Only picture messages standard texts work just fine.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I just renamed a few with Root Explorer, finally took the dive and rooted even without the SBF safety net (hopefully it will come out soon). I took off....

Books
NFL
DLNA
Im Precence
Kindle
Moto Active
My Verizon
Slacker
Vcast Tones
Vcast Video
Video Surf
VzNaviagtor
Yahoo Contacts

And just doing those seemed to speed the system up some, just really wanted to get the ones that run with out me telling them to. We have plenty of space on this thing no need to go crazy and kill everything. That way when software update hits just have to rename a few things and unroot and be good to go.

OP
jtsativa420

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Social location is a huge resource hog. May want to add that to the list.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ah yeah I can take that one off as well, I don't use any smart actions except one for when my screen is off and I obviously don't need a location for that.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What do they name it on here? I am not seeing it in Root Explorer

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh is it the Rich location?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can you not just rename the .apk to .bak to keep the phone from seeing it as an app? I just realized all the apps I renamed are still loading fine.

alexp1289

Reaction score
I want to remove the flash player settings icon but there is no apk for it. If you click on the icon it takes you to a website so it must be a browser link. I can't find the file to remove the icon could somebody help me? Btw removing adobe flash player doesn't do anything :-(

Also is device setup safe to remove?

Last edited:

cliffplaysdrums

Reaction score
I want to remove the flash player settings icon but there is no apk for it. If you click on the icon it takes you to a website so it must be a browser link. I can't find the file to remove the icon could somebody help me? Btw removing adobe flash player doesn't do anything :-(

Also is device setup safe to remove?

Long press the icon and press hide.

alexp1289

Reaction score
Don't want to hide it I want to get rid of it for good. Hate all the crap Verizon puts on the phones.