vcasttones
vcastvideo
videosurf
visualizationwallpapers
vvm
vzw_vnav_droidrazr_rel_prod_signed
vzwim
worldclock

3 force closes, as to be expected, but not worried about. Vzw nav, slacker, google quick search. Still running fine and will post again if any problems arise.

Not responsible for any problems as this is, not confirmed, just my personal list!!!

Last edited:

jtpowell

Reaction score
I just froze apps instead of removing them. I've only had an HTC Incredible and there seemed to be problems with updating if original items were not there. Do Motorolas have that issue?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just froze apps instead of removing them. I've only had an HTC Incredible and there seemed to be problems with updating if original items were not there. Do Motorolas have that issue?

Yeah, if you remove a lot of the apps he has listed, you will most likely not be able to receive OTA's... Especially the Blur apps...

OP
jtsativa420

jtsativa420

Reaction score
That is correct. Always have a factory back up or just freeze the apps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cliffplaysdrums

Reaction score
blurflicker
blurlastfm
blurlinkedin
blurorkutblur
blurphotobucket
blurpicasa
blurskyrock
blurtwitter
bookmarkswidget
booksphone
browser
filemanger
forestwallpapers
googlequicksearchbox
guidedtours
helpcenter
impresence
kindle
livewallpapers
livewallpaperspicker
magicsmokewallpapers
myverizon
netflix
newswidget
protips
quickoffice
slackerradio
talk2
vcasttones
vcastvideo
videosurf
visualizationwallpapers
vvm
vzw_vnav_droidrazr_rel_prod_signed
vzwim
worldclock

3 force closes, as to be expected, but not worried about. Vzw nav, slacker, google quick search. Still running fine and will post again if any problems arise.

Not responsible for any problems as this is, not confirmed, just my personal list!!!

I froze vznav and slacker with no issues. I also froze gotomeeting in addition to several on your list. Is there a benefit to freezing the moto authenticators like photobucket, picasa, etc? They still show up when I hit share photo, and it's really annoying.

Frozen:
Amazon Kindle
GoToMeeting
Netflix
News
Slacker
V CAST Tones
Verizon Video
VideoSurf
VZ Navigator

Frozen with Bloat Freezer Free
Rooted on ubuntu

Any suggestions on what else to remove for performance?

OP
jtsativa420

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Yes, some of them come off the list but picasa is still on there. :/ As far as performance look at what apps ate running or restart even after you kill them and freeze them. I choose to do as much as I can that I don't use. That way I don't have to worry about checking what runs and what doesn't.

cliffplaysdrums

Reaction score
Just noticed that GoToMeeting is a user app, no need to freeze just uninstalled it. The thing I've seen running most frequently that I don't understand is Files. Why should my file manager be doing anything after I killed it and my phone has been idle for 30 minutes?

OP
jtsativa420

jtsativa420

Reaction score
It shouldn't! Try root explorer a paid app or es file explorer a free app. Both let you access and modify you're system files w root permission and shouldn't run in the background or auto start.

cliffplaysdrums

Reaction score
I'm familiar with astro so I went with that. Hasn't auto started once. Froze "Files" app with no issues.

cliffplaysdrums

Reaction score
Any idea if there would be an issue if I froze text messaging (and used a 3rd party texting app)?

brkshr

Reaction score
Any idea if there would be an issue if I froze text messaging (and used a 3rd party texting app)?
the only problem i've ever had with freezing text messaging, is the popup on handcent doesn't work 100%. Other than that you should be fine

cliffplaysdrums

Reaction score
If it's 3rd party and not system/app why not just uninstall it? If it's frozen is as good as uninstalled to the system.

Im talking about freezing the stock texting app and using a 3rd party texting app instead

OP
jtsativa420

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Im talking about freezing the stock texting app and using a 3rd party texting app instead

I've done that before, with my X, and i was unable to send or receive picture messages. You could always give it a try but i don't recommend it. I have not tried it with this phone or my bionic.

Also I uninstalled not froze it, so freezing may cause less issues. Although I would imagine either way to have the same affects.

cliffplaysdrums

Reaction score
I discovered today that freezing "email engine" disables text notifications (possibly more but that's all I noticed). No ring, no vibrate, no task bar notification.