1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Apps remove themselves

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Red5LTr, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Red5LTr

Red5LTr New Member

I have BB 0.2.1 and I have downloaded various apps like weather channel and Weather & toggle for the cool active weather. They are their when I first download them and whenever I reboot them they are off the screen and if I long press to add the widget, neither are an option to add.

Please help

Thanks
  2. gszeman

gszeman New Member

Move them from the sdcard to the phone.
  3. KevinL

KevinL New Member

I've had this happen also...and they weren't on the sdcard. I had to re install them. It was quite strange haha
  4. foamman

foamman New Member

I've had this happen as well. On reboots certain widgets and applications vanish. They are still installed on the phone but not accessible. If you go to re-install you can actually enter the app from the market. Very weird.
  5. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Restart launcher after reboot!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

seriously folks, restart your launcher and move the app from the sd card to the phone....

it seems like all the "issues" with these froyo roms are issues with people not reading.
  7. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Apps auto download to your sdcard with bugless beast. So you may think they are on your phone but they are on your card. unless you physically moved them to your phone. I use launcher pro and after I reboot I go into launcher settings and clickrestart launcher. And all my apps are back. It's also been mentioned numerous times move you widget apps to the phone. If you don't want you apps to save to card automatically there are ways to disable that in other threads under the bugless. section.
  8. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

4sure, if more people read the thread they would figure out these common issues themselves!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. schollianmj

schollianmj New Member

Hmm... i have read this thread. I read Pete's release notes... I use launcher Pro, and beautiful widgets... everytime I reboot, I get prompted as to what launcher i want to use, home or launcher pro. i can livve with that.... what i cant live with is that every single widget, be it from the beautiful series, or not, is NOT showing. I get "problem Loadint Widget" yes i moved them all the the phone. yes I disabled installing to SD card with terminal, "pm setInstallLocation 0" and i tried it with a 1 as well, so it wasnt going Auto. (wasnt sure how the thing automatically regulates what goes where. I uninstalled all my widgets, went to market and redownloaded them ensuring they are installed on phone NOT SD card... and then upon reboot, same thing... problem loading widget....

what else can i do? what have I NOT done? love the rom, but this reboot issue s killing me... I keep having to go back to BB1.1....
  10. c4manceph

c4manceph New Member

I think it is interesting that people are offering a work around for this well known issue and then act like they just need to read the thread and all is well.

The suggestion to move the apps from the SD card to the phone and to restart the launcher does correct this problem for most people. However, it is only a work around and not a fix. Clearly the OS is not functioning the way it was intended.

So if you went out and bought a HCSD card because you're the type that likes having a lot of apps and you wanted to conserve space on your phone and to utilize the OS the way it was intended to be use, well to bad.

You will need to saturate your internal memory with these apps and live with the fact that you bought something that doesn't work the way it is supposed to.
Search tags for this page
android apps delete themselves
android apps keep uninstalling themselves

android apps uninstall themselves

android apps uninstalling themselves

apps delete themselves
apps erasing by themselfs
apps keep deleting themselves
how to get apps that delete themselfs back
my apps are removing themselves on my android
why are apps uninstalling by themselves
why do apps uninstall themselves
why do my androids keep uninstalling
why do my apps keep on uninstalling themselves
why does the apps on my android keep unintalling themselves?