Apps Organizer

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Trever1t, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Trever1t

Trever1t New Member

I see a lot of people wondering how to place apps in an organized way but little mention of this great app which allows you to group icons according to type ie; games, tools etc.

You can custom name and create custom icons with icon packs (or photos) as well.

I have my games all in one folder, system tools, emails, internet, etc.

It's a great app, has no known issues.

added link :) http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-google-code-appsorganizer-qqmD.aspx
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. DarrellM5

DarrellM5 New Member

I'm using it and it works great.
  3. kbrede

kbrede New Member

I use it and like it as well. I just wish it had support for bookmarks. I tried abcOrganizer, which does, but for some reason I uninstalled it. Just don't remember why. :)
    Kent
  4. rothenbj

rothenbj New Member

Might be because of battery pulls. I installed it yesterday and I have had issues.
  5. tford0310

tford0310 New Member

Is there any way to add shortcuts I've created (i.e. navigation shortcuts) to a folder created by App Organizer or abcOrganizer?
  6. Paulypotz

Paulypotz New Member

Downloaded and uninstalled after 2minutes. Its pointless. Just create your own folders and drag apps and games into respective folders. Same thing. Quicker access.
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Unfortunately no. You can only add apps that have been installed on the device.
    Pointless how? You can customize the icon without having the purchase Bettercut? It also registers 1 instance on the Home screen rather that a folder (that registers as 1 instance, and 1 instance for each icon in that folder). Granted the "apps organizer" has to load once you click on the icon, but it keeps my home screen fast.

Same access time.
  8. FlorIdaho Chris

FlorIdaho Chris New Member

I suggest you use Apps Organizer for this application. It works great and is very fast.
  9. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 New Member

uninstalled it i felt it was slowing lagging me down but i did like it!
  10. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

Martin,
    How do you change the icon for the "All Labels" shortcut? I can change the icons for the labels within but not the main one. I have tried to use better cut to change it but I can;t figure it out and it's making me nuts!

Thanx
  11. LMac8806

LMac8806 New Member

Any reason why my Apps stopped showing up under their respective labels? I opened Apps Organizer and it shows everything still labelled correctly, but when I click "Internet", for example, on my homepage, it just shows a blank box.
  12. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

apps organizer is cool, but it lags terribly while the stock folders open up instantly. thats why i dumped this app and created my own icon for the stock folders and applied it as a MM theme ;)

[​IMG]
  13. LMac8806

LMac8806 New Member

I NEED that background lol.

Any way to get my folder icons "prettier". The grey picture of a folder isn't too impressive on my good looking home screen.
  14. KAV45

KAV45 New Member

I just got this app, but cannot seem to figure out how to get the folders to show on the home screen. Any help??
  15. th9203

th9203 New Member

Long press an empty space on your home screen. When the pop-up comes up, select Shortcuts. Select Apps-Organizer which will display the labels. Select teh one of interest and WhaLaa it goes to your home screen. :)
  16. wxgirl

wxgirl New Member

I've only had my Droid for a few weeks and I just downloaded Apps Organizer and after creating 3 shortcuts that worked, all of mine disappeared as well. After quite a few frustrating minutes, I just happened to click on the star, which I had apparently highlighted, and they all returned. For some reason, they disappear when you click on the star (from all shortcuts). I haven't had the app long, but it doesn't make sense that clicking on the star (like you would a favorite in contacts) would make all of the apps disappear from the icons on your homepages, but that's what happened.

I found this forum while searching for the problem and this is my first post, so a big howdy to everyone! :)
  17. threejane

threejane New Member

welcome to the forums!

the star in your individual shortcuts is like a sub-folder. in the apps organizer list (where you long press the apps to label them) each app has a star next to it. if you tap the star and light it up then that app will show up when you tap the star in your shortcut folder.

for example, i have a tools shortcut with all my file exploration and root apps in it. in the apps organizer list i also highlighted the star next to only my root apps. if i open the tools shortcut i see all my tool labeled apps and if i hit the star in that tools folder i will see just the starred root apps.
Search tags for this page

does motorola droid g4 have an organizer app

how to add bookmark to app organizer