Apps on SD not in Launcher.

ps5281

Reaction score
Having a huge problem with the Apps2SD feature - I set the script that all the apps are installed to the SD card. Now that I restored all my apps using Titanium backup none of my apps show up in my launcher. What gives?

When I looking in the system application manager it shows that all the apps are installed and on the SD card, but it constantly says "computing" under each app.

I've tried restarting. Battery pull. Restarting just the launcher. All to no avail.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Might be because they were installed on the phone when you backed them up. Maybe be better to restore first, then run the script. Not sure which script you're referring to. The one I used with SS4.1 simply allows future installs to default to the SD and allows you to move existing apps one-by-one in Manage Applications.

trumpet444

Reaction score
I have that same problem with the froyo kangerade rom i'm using. After I force move the app to sd using titanium backup it disappears from my launcher. But, if I have a shortcut for the app on the homescreen its still there, and still works, but it no longer has its custom icon. It has the default android icon. I have zero problems with apps that have app2sd support for froyo though. But theres very few of them out there

tlippert

Reaction score
what launcher are you using... Launcher Pro cannot handle the apps2sd yet.. He says he needs the source in order to make it work...I'm not sure but I think the ADW Launcher has the same problem... Hopefully since source is out this issue can be resolved.

edit with link to launcher pro forum

Last edited:
OP
P

ps5281

Reaction score
What I'm doing is after installing the Rom I log in and download Titanium Backup. Then go into the new GUI for Scripts and choose the one the sends all apps to SD. I then restore the apps with TI, which takes next to forever. And this is where I'm running into a problem.

I've tried LauncherPro, ADW, Helix 1, and what I assume is the stock...

Am I missing a step?

Been working on this for the better part of the day now, considering going back to my 2.1 rom...

bsteenson

Reaction score
The problem appears to be that apps on the SD card get loaded into memory after the launcher is loaded during a boot, so that icons are generic on the home screen and missing entirely from the apps drawer.

Simple solution is to force close the launcher and restart it (for example, Launcher Pro has an option to do this from the Preferences screen). You have to do this every time you reboot, however, until they fix it for Froyo.

Droidfish

Reaction score
The problem appears to be that apps on the SD card get loaded into memory after the launcher is loaded during a boot, so that icons are generic on the home screen and missing entirely from the apps drawer.

Simple solution is to force close the launcher and restart it (for example, Launcher Pro has an option to do this from the Preferences screen). You have to do this every time you reboot, however, until they fix it for Froyo.

Yep, frustrated the hell out of me until this morning.

Launcher Pro has the option in settings to restart the launcher, works like a charm.

OP
P

ps5281

Reaction score
Is there a limit to the numbers of Apps you can put on the SD Card?

What I've been trying to do is use Titanium Backup to put almost all of my apps on the SD Card. There's no way that all the Apps I've amassed over time will fit on the internal memory. And installing them one by one and picking out which ones I want to move to the SD is not worth it.

Droidfish

Reaction score

What I've been trying to do is use Titanium Backup to put almost all of my apps on the SD Card. There's no way that all the Apps I've amassed over time will fit on the internal memory. And installing them one by one and picking out which ones I want to move to the SD is not worth it.

I don't believe there is a limit although I would recommend moving only large standalone apps like games and google earth. Google earth alone frees up over 20mb. There's not a whole of reason to move everything but to each his own.

OP
P

ps5281

Reaction score

I don't believe there is a limit although I would recommend moving only large standalone apps like games and google earth. Google earth alone frees up over 20mb. There's not a whole of reason to move everything but to each his own.

That and maybe it's about time that I finally breakdown and get rid of redundant apps or those that I never use anymore... Oh the agony