Apps on Dock Bar missing after restarts

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
This has been a problem for a long while for me, I just never could find out how to fix it or what caused it. Whenever I restart my Bionic, the apps that I have on the main screen along the bottom are missing, and have in place a '?'. Anybody know how to fix this? Every time I restarted my phone I reassigned the app to its place to get the icon back and I'm getting tired of it.

dashaus28

Reaction score
Have you happened to move the apps that are missing to the sdcard? This could make sense because the dock bar is probably loading before the sd card is mounted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Yeah, but the problem is that I didn't try to manually fix it after it happened again and I didn't do anything for a week and it stayed a question mark. I have to manually fix the apps no matter what, the only time question mark fixes itself is when it's going from USB mount to dismount, that's obviously because of the SD card. The only app that doesn't disappear is the marketplace (I will never call it play) because you can't mount it to the SD card.

dashaus28

Reaction score
They wouldn't just fix themselves, they weren't there at the time of boot so the phone says screw that i'm not looking anymore. The only remedy would be to put the apps back on the internal storage or to keep setting up the phone every time you boot up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Dashaus28 is correct; also make sure that none of your apps are installed in the Media area. Apps there don't play nice.

jayman350

Reaction score
Dashaus28 is correct; also make sure that none of your apps are installed in the Media area. Apps there don't play nice.
+1 on this, don't install any of your apps to the media area or they will cause problems on startup

OP
hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Alright, I thought it was the same as moving them to the SD card on the Droid 1 so I just naturally moved them there.. I haven't had a restart yet, but I'm sure this has fixed the problem.