1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Apps not updating... STILL!

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by dyrelogan, Jan 13, 2011.

1. dyrelogan

dyrelogan New Member

I am getting Unknown Reason -18 every single app, every single time I try updating. I am getting so frustrated with Android that it's not funny. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well, you're not giving us a lot to go on here. It be more helpful if you told us what you have tried to do to fix it and whether or not you are rooted and running a custom ROM.

So I recommend that you go into your settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/Market. Clear the Data and Cache, make sure you do both. Then see if that works for you.
  3. Slapper

Slapper New Member

Had to clear th data/cache as well..but i still unistalled the apps that were not updating and re-aquireing them...worked for me!
  4. dyrelogan

dyrelogan New Member

This is what I did, per Verizon's help, I totally wiped my phone. It still wouldn't install some apps. So, Verizon is sending me another X... This will make my 3rd Droid X in less than 6 months. Doesn't bode well for Android. And this all happened when the new small 2.2.1 update came out. I wish I could go back to 2.1 because I didn't have any issues with that version.
  5. dyrelogan

dyrelogan New Member

Oh, and hookbill, I did what you suggested before when I posted my problem back on 12/29 and that didn't do anything. So I just took my phone with me to use as a phone only and didn't use the apps at all, while all these apps accumulated updates. I disregarded them because they would not update. So, when I get the new... er... refurbished phone, I will check and see if I have the same issue. If I do, then it is the update or the market. So here's to hoping that the next X I get lives up to its hype. So far, it hasn't. "Droid Doesn't" in this case.
Search tags for this page

droid will not update apps