Apps not showing up on market

zachjen

Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem with some apps not showing up in the market. Ones I have noticed are. iHeartradio & Netflix. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Is this a gingerbread thing? Thanks

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Netflix isn't officially supported yet on the D2, so it won't show up yet. (Interestingly, the D1 is a supported device!)

I don't see iHeartRadio either on my D2, but it does show up on the web Android Market:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.clearchannel.iheartradio.controller&feature=search_result

So you should be able to log in there and install it to your device...

Apps sometimes don't appear in the Market if they don't support the Android version of the ROM, so it could be that, or could be an issue w/the ROM's build.prop identfiers that the market uses...

OP
Z

zachjen

Reaction score
thanks. didn't know if it was me or a rom thing or gingerbread thing or what.

iheartradio in the web market has my phone greyed out. won't let me choose it to install.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks. didn't know if it was me or a rom thing or gingerbread thing or what.

iheartradio in the web market has my phone greyed out. won't let me choose it to install.

There's a way around that, someone found it recently and posted the steps, which unfortunately I can't remember...I'll see if I can find the post - it was here or on Android Forums...

atamagaokashii

Reaction score
Search for jrummys market fix.
Although im pretty sure jake has had it prewritten in since at least 1.3...
might be that the developer has updated the appp to only be compatible with higher versions of android, but thats a stretch.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

atamagaokashii

Reaction score
Oh and netflix is in the customizer
Just run the script in terminal emulator and boom

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh and netflix is in the customizer
Just run the script in terminal emulator and boom

The hacked Netflix apk that was being used is no longer working, the current non-modified one from the market seems to work on most devices...

If Jake has updated the netflix apk his tool pulls then using the customizer will work fine, if not, get the one at post #2 in this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/zombiestomped-d2/151053-netflix-update.html