Apps not installing

Vicksy

Reaction score
For a little while now, I've been having install errors with certain apps. Mostly with games, but not all of them. It always says "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card" There's plenty of room on both the phone and the card, however. Any ideas?

droidlover0624

Reaction score
I really hope you get an answer b/c i'm having the same problem. what have u tried so far?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

whiddles

Reaction score
Wife had same problem with her incredable 1. reps told her to try and install them to the phone with the sd pulled out and that worked for awhile

droidlover0624

Reaction score
hmm, ill try that. I tried unmounting and then mounting the sd card. I've been having other issues with my sd card, and usually that fixes it. but it didn't work.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silverfang77

Reaction score
Reformat the card in your computer.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

droidlover0624

Reaction score
Wife had same problem with her incredable 1. reps told her to try and install them to the phone with the sd pulled out and that worked for awhile
You're right, it worked for a little while. But then it stopped. And to top that, it got worse. I wouldn't even download apps. It would say there was a network error. I called tech. support, and they pretty much tried some special programming but none of it worked. Then they tried a factory reset (which made me mad since I know how to do that), and it didn't work. It wouldn't activate, then they said they'd give me a new phone. It started working again after the call. Then it stopped again, and it's been on and off. I just can't wait until the new phone comes.

droidlover0624

Reaction score
probably, i think i'm the only person who's had so many issues with this phone. this isn't the first time something weird like this has happened. but it's like the only phone w/ android from verizon with a physical keyboard. that's why i got it.

droidlover0624

Reaction score
They haven't made it for droid 2 global yet have they? And I can't root my phone b/c my parents have already told me they'd kill me if they found out I did that (b/c of warranty issues).

silverfang77

Reaction score
Actually, if you're on the Global, there's supposed to be an OTA update available. You might want to go to Settings>About Phone>System Updates and see if it's out yet.

droidlover0624

Reaction score
I got nothing, says nothing's available :/ but the Verizon guy did say there was something wrong with the software on my phone and he'd tried everything he knew to do. so maybe when the new phone comes, I'll be able to get gingerbread. thank you for your help, though.