Apps not installed after reboot

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by gimpyestrada, Dec 23, 2010.

1. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

I am having a problem where some of my apps are not available after a reboot. It almost seems like some of the apps that I moved to the SD card aren't there anymore.

If I go to Manage applications it shows them under the On SD card tab, but it doesn't know their names, they all show up as 'com.alphonso.pulse' and 'com.adobe.reader'

I keep losing some settings too. I am not sure exactly what is changing, but I know that I am loosing my Ringtone and Notification setting.

This happened with 0.6 and 0.6.1.

If I reboot enough time

Any thoughts?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

You probably did a wipe when you installed the ROM. Your paid apps at least should show up in the "my apps" or "downloads" section of the Market. Just go to the Market and press the menu key.

Your free apps may need to be reinstalled.
  3. speakercode

speakercode New Member

Did you do a titanium backup? If not, eek, you may have to re d/l the free ones.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

I wiped both times, but I am not talking about after the fresh install, I am talking about after I thought I had everything set and good.
  5. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

I have my Titanium backups.
  6. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

I think there is a misunderstanding about my problem. This is not something that happens during the initial install of the ROM. This is happening after the installation is 100% complete and I have restored all of my apps and settings to the way I want them.

Then I reboot and everything is frakked when it comes back up. Then I reboot a couple more times and it will eventually come back up and everything will be fine again until the next reboot.
  7. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

Does anyone actually know how apps2sd works? Is there any chance that it moves the app to the SD card and then creates a soft link in its place?

If that is kind of how it moves an app to the SD card, then it sort of feels like the soft link is broken. Like the link itself is there but the thing that it points to is not.
  8. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

A little more info. I can't re-install the missing apps using their Titanium backups. If I try Titanium hangs and never completes. I cannot install anything in the marketplace, if I click through to install an app and click OK (which usually starts the download) nothing happens. It just sits at the OK button and I can click it over and over and it never starts downloading.

I have tried rebooting about a dozen times now and the apps have never come back.

This issue has happened twice for me when trying to use this new rom. I wiped both times. I let the Marketplace download all of the apps. I restored a few missing apps and the data to the important apps in Titanium. Spent a long time getting all of the home screens back and all of the apps looking right. And then this happens, twice.

It did not happen with V5 (which I have now reverted back to). It did not happen with Cyanogen, Liquid Frozen Yogurt or MIUI.

In my book there is something wrong with this rom.
  9. fruitflute

fruitflute New Member

I seem to be having the same problem.

Plunked down $6 for TiBu Pro in preparation for moving up to BB.6.1. Downloaded through ROM Manager, wiped cache and data, installed .6.1. Everything seemed to be working great. Then I loaded up TiBu to do a batch restore of all my apps. It got 60% of the way through that and then froze. I tried restarting the restore process, and tried restoring each app individually, but nothing would work. At this point I was pretty mad that I seemingly wasted $6 on an app that wasn't working at all for me.

So I decided to wipe everything again and try to install .6.1 clean once more. Same thing happened with the batch restore in TiBu (made it to about 70% this time). Then I tried installing apps from the Market, and got the same result as gimpyestrada; I can click "install" all I want, but nothing will actually happen. In Settings>Manage Applications, it will see a list of apps installed/downloaded (those 70% restored by TiBu), but I can't actually access them in any way.

All this leads me to believe I'm having the exact same issue as gimpyestrada and this is an issue with the ROM and not TiBu Pro. Any ideas would be appreciated, but for now I just restored my backup of BB.4.
  10. gimpyestrada

gimpyestrada New Member

I'm so glad its not just me. I was starting to feel weird.
Search tags for this page
after restarting android phone 4.3 loses applications sent t
android application not appear when reboot
android application not installed after reboot

android apps not installed after reboot

android apps not working after reboot

app not installed after reboot

app not installed after restarting
application is not installed after restart on android

application not installed after reboot

application not installed android

application not installed android after reboot