Apps not in Market / Unsecured Fingerprint

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jaytime, Oct 6, 2010.

1. jaytime

jaytime New Member

Has anyone found an answer to the problem where known apps do not appear in the market? I've scanned several QR codes today with no results.

There is a nice discussion of the issue here:
    The Pirates Den - Can't Find Android Apps In The Market

It basically says that my phone is considered "unsecure" or is otherwise unable to convey a proper fingerprint to the market.

I occasionally had this problem on BBv4, but it seems much worse on BBv5.

My understanding of this is still limited. Is this something that could be fixed in the next BB release (please, Pete, please if you can)? Is this entirely device specific, and not able to be managed from the ROM? Will modifying my build.prop do it (I didn't want to do this unless I know it would work)?

Given that I've rooted my phone, I don't expect much help from Verizon, and while I could reach out to every developer as I determine I can't find their copy protected apps, I don't expect a high success rate here. I don't think google is going to remove copy protection from Chrome to Phone, for example. I can't even get App Brain from the market so that I can work around. I think a friend is sending me this APK as I type. So hopefully that will work.

Thanks Android Geniuses!!
  2. HarleyDad09

HarleyDad09 New Member

Do the following:

Settings
    Applications
    Manage Applications
    ALL
    Google Services Framework
    Clear Cache
    Force Stop

then reboot...that did it for me!
  3. jaytime

jaytime New Member

Nope.

Clear cache was actually greyed out, so I did clear data. And, like a dumbass, didn't create a backup first. So, now none of my installed apps show in the market and I still can't access many in the market. I will be re-installing a lot tonight--all those that I can find. Sometimes I wanna kick my own ass!

Any other ideas?

And, while we're at it, any way to get my phone to search for installed apps or otherwise re-create the data that I deleted?
  4. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier New Member

Um, you do know that the market "Downloads" list repopulates itself all on it's own, right?
  5. jaytime

jaytime New Member

I was expecting it to re-appear--for each BB release, I've wiped my data and cache. However, it hasn't appeared again. Perhaps related to the bad fingerprint?
Search tags for this page

download apps unsecured site

install unsecured app android

install unsecured.android apps