Apps not all restoring with new ROM

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by flyinion, Jan 27, 2011.

1. flyinion

flyinion New Member

Not sure how to fix this, but randomly when I flash a ROM not all of my apps will show in the Market and restore. I can find them if I search, but that doesn't fix the problem. I've had this happen on Sourcery and now CM7 build 15. The other day on Sapphire which I've been running for a while I noticed for some reason a lot of apps I have on the SD card via standard Froyo "move to SD card" were the ones missing. Large apps like Angry Birds. Deleting the Market data in Settings/Applications fixed that though. On new ROM installs (wipe data/cache) I've been turning on wi-fi right after logging in and the sync icon goes away (so it's re-downloaded my wireless info) to speed up restoring apps, but I'm wondering if that could be the cause?

edit: I've also noticed that after it happens and I restore my nandroid, I need to go delete market data again for everything to show up even in the restored backup.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  2. flyinion

flyinion New Member

Ok now I'm really confused, I just realized the market is losing those 20ish apps installed to SD card every time I reboot and only clearing market data fixes it, but that doesn't work when loading a new ROM. I've only noticed this to this level since flashing Sapphire 2.0.2 which has the new style market in it.
  3. Stelv

Stelv New Member

4. flyinion

flyinion New Member

Thanks for the link. Well, at least I understand what the different text colors mean in TB now lol. I don't see anything in there about fixing missing apps from the market. Although, I think TB paid is supposed to be able to fix that so I guess maybe I need to break down and buy TB.

This problem is so strange. I finally had it working after a reboot by deleting data, then checking to make sure everything was showing, letting the phone sit for 5-10 minutes. Then after a full power off and back on, the market associations all stayed after a couple reboots and a backup via CW. Installed the CM7 build 15, it found and downloaded everything this time (took like 2 hours because I'm at work near a downtown tower so slow 3G). Flashed the backup of Sapphire and the problem is back and persisting through clears, cold boots, and restarts again. /sigh

It's like something isn't syncing right or something. I'm not sure how it works, but I'm assuming the Market saves something to Google otherwise I wouldn't get any apps restoring after a data/cache wipe when installing a ROM.
  5. Stelv

Stelv New Member

I am not really sure how it works either but I believe google syncs and backsup your market data every once in a while via the cloud. Some roms auto download all my previous apps even though i wiped/formatted everything, some roms don't. I think it is because roms are coded differently but again i am not sure. Wish i could help more.

sent from my rooted nook color
  6. flyinion

flyinion New Member

Well it seems to be clearing up. Maybe Google was having a server issue and I just happened to be playing with stuff at the same time. Flashed a new ROM last night and everything downloaded (eventually, some stuff failed and had to restart but could have been the ROM). Afterwords 3 large games installed to SD Card didn't show in the downloads list but if I search for them they showed installed, and later showed in the list.

Edit: Ack it's back. I'm starting to wonder if it's latency/connection related to the tower you're talking to. Unfortunately this time I'm running a GB based ROM and Market has a clear cache but Data is grayed out. Might be a CM7 thing though.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  7. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Yea I think cloud backup through Googles servers can be spotty. It could take a while for Googles servers to talk to your device. Wish I knew more about this stuff though. On a side note, make sure your camera works on CM7 because mine didn't with release #15.
  8. flyinion

flyinion New Member

Yep I think you're right, everything is showing now lol. As far as camera thanks, I keep forgetting to check that. Camera works fine on build 17 other than a nutso haptic feedback when using the camera button to launch it. Video still FC's it though.
  9. Stelv

Stelv New Member

I m glad everything is working now. Ill have to try cm7 again once cvpcs has all the bugs worked out.

sent from my rooted nook color
  10. flyinion

flyinion New Member

Yeah, I just flashed my Sapphire backup back (market working right still too woohoo). CM7 build 17 was nice but still a few too many quirks for me to keep it as a daily use.
Search tags for this page

android apps don't show up when flash new rom

if i flash a new rom will it fix my apps

install all apps from my apps in goole play store

rom apps in finder but not on phone